Happy 2nd Birthday Bug!!

We also celebrated Kaden's 2nd Birthday over Labor Day weekend.  We went to Ellensburg for the famous fair and rodeo.  We spent the first part of the day at the fair with my family and Jerrod's family.  


The kids loved looking at all the animals...

And loved spending time with their Grandpa...


 Kennedi loved riding on the rides, and thankfully my mom is such a great Grandma.  She watched and waited with her as she went on lots of rides. 

After our day at the fair, we went out to dinner, and then back to my parent's house to celebrate Kaden's birthday.  He loved his presents, and still plays almost daily with everything that he got.  
I realized that my poor baby boy didn't really have a lot of "boy toys", so that is what he got a lot of.  He really loves playing with his truck, cars, and tools.  

 GG (Great Grandma) got him a real Tonka Truck!  I just know that thing is going to be around for a very long time!

I love his face here.  He is so excited about his Handy Manny tools.

 Jaela, Ryan, Nana Susie, and Grandpa Mitch

Nana and Grandpa gave Kaden some Sooner gear...just in time for football season!!

This is the cake I made this year.  It wasn't as complex or difficult as cakes that I have made in the past, but I still really liked it.  Kaden loves airplanes, and this was the best option for a crazy weekend. 

Singing "Happy Birthday" to our boy!

He blew out the candles by himself! 

Two years ago, I had no idea how much my life would change by bringing a little boy into our family.  He is such a blessing to us.  It has been so fun watching him grow into a little boy.  Needless to say, he is most definitely a BOY!  He loves to jump off anything he can climb on, he loves to play with his cars, and airplanes.  He has so much energy!  And, he sure loves his Momma.  I love it.  He has that ability to just melt my heart.  One of the only things that I really remember about his baby blessing was that Jerrod said that he had the gift of happiness.  It has been so fun to watch that indeed be true.  He sure has the ability to make us smile and laugh.  He brings that joy to all he is around.  

 Happy Birthday Buggy.  We love you more than you know.  These past two years have been such a joy to watch you grow.  We can't wait to see the wonderful young man that you will turn out to be!!  
Love, Mommy and Daddy


Comments

Paxton said…
Haha, nice to know we're not the only parents a little behind on getting our boy some boy toys! Although whenever Jordan brings home a truck or monster it's always for Makayla and not Oscar! LOL!
Happy birthday Kaden!
I love the cake, simple, classic and very cute!

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years