One Year Older and Wiser Too

January 16th, I turned 26! I really can’t believe it. I feel like that number is so old, but I don’t feel old at all. This last year has truly been one of the greatest ever. I have experienced a lot and have grown so much. I keep thinking about how I feel like things couldn’t get any better and then they always do. I feel so blessed to have the life that I do.

For my birthday, Katie came over to spend some time with me and then Jerrod, Kennedi and Kaden took me out to dinner to Stanley and Seaforts in Tacoma. They have the most amazing Lobster Macaroni and Cheese. I had been looking forward to that for months! We enjoyed our dinner and then Jerrod gave me my gift…a new basketball! Yay! I had been wanting one for a while. He actually gave me one for my 24th birthday, but I ended up losing it shortly after because I left it at a game. It was very sad. But, now I have my new one and you better believe that I am guarding that one like crazy! We then went home and Jerrod bought me a mini cake. It was the perfect size for our little family. We didn’t think that we needed a big one for all of us! It ended up being a great day. Thanks honey!

I had an amazing 25th year of my life, so I wanted to note some of the things that I had learned or got to experience.

-I learned to be happy with who I am in what circumstance that I was in.

-I learned that I didn’t need the approval of others who really aren’t the most important people to me.

-I found a love for cooking.

-I fell even more in love with my calling and the girls whom I served.

-I witnessed and stood to sustain our new Prophet; President Thomas S. Monson.

-My Testimony of my Savior and his true church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints grew even stronger!

-I had kidney stones (okay, not so great, but definitely an experience!!)

-I planted my very first vegetable garden.

-I gave birth to my most beautiful baby boy and fell completely in love with him!

-Watched my brother get drafted by the Detroit Tigers.

-Went to TWO University of Oklahoma football games and had a great time!

-Trained and ran my first 10K (6.2 miles) nonstop in 1 hr 7 min.

-Found a GREAT group of girls in Puyallup! I love you all!!

-Most of all, fell even more in love with my most amazing husband, Jerrod.

I would say that it was a pretty good year. Thanks to all of you who helped make it one!












Comments

Mason Manor said…
Happy b-day Heidi! Looks like you had a great day with your little fam. Love all the pics
Anonymous said…
hey heid you may be older but you look great you do not look you have had two kiddos either!!! Hope you had a great b-day!!
Pogue Fam said…
I'm glad we got to celebrate our bdays together :) Thanks to Delee for that yummy cheese cake, that I was actually thinking about this morning. And props to you for posting! Your catching up!

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years