Brent + Mikaela = LOVE
My brother, Brent, finally asked the love of his life to marry him on December 30, 2008. I am so happy for them and I am so excited to have Mikaela join our family. Brent wanted us all in on the planning and he wanted us to be there. That day, Mikaela thought that Brent had to work all day, so we decided to have a “girls” day together. Mikaela, Mom, and me all went to lunch and then did a little shopping. Meanwhile, Jerrod and Brent were in Yakima getting everything ready for that night. It was so much fun telling Mikaela all these little “white lies” to make sure that she had no idea what was going on. She thought that they were going to a family Christmas party in Yakima. We met the boys back at the house and we told her that we were all going to dinner while they were in Yakima. So, my family all piled in the car and actually drove to Selah to a school playground where Brent planned on proposing. There, we met up with Mikaela’s family and hid behind a school building to quietly watch. They ended up leaving the house about 15 minutes behind us. Brent led Mikaela by the hand down a snowy path that led to a swing set that they played on years ago at the start of their relationship. When Brent bent down to light a tiki torch, Jerrod plugged in the lights and the whole thing lit up. It was beautiful. There were rose petals all over the snow. We all just watched in anticipation because we couldn’t hear a thing. Finally we saw Brent get down on his knee to ask her to marry him. After we gave them a few minutes, the mom’s started cheering and ran towards them. Everyone else followed and gave hugs amidst the tears. It was so much fun being a part of it. Afterward, we all went to Red Lobster to celebrate. It is so fun seeing my siblings grow up. Sometimes I feel like the odd one out because I am the only one who is married and has kids, but soon I will be able to have them join the married club. I love Mikaela and I love that they make each other so happy. They are getting married in Maui, Hawaii on November 21, 2009.





Comments