28
I recently celebrated my 28th birthday. 28. It is an alright number. I am not too overly excited about being 28. I thought that 27 sounded more fun. But 28? I mean, I might as well be 29. Blah. I am actually excited to be 30 in two years. Thirty, flirty (with my husband) and thriving. ( Can you tell one of my favorite movies is "13 Going on 30" ?)
But, since I can't skip ahead two more years, I guess that I will make the BEST of being 28. I do have a whole year for 28 to grow on me.
Because my birthday was on Sunday, we got to celebrate on Saturday and then some girlfriends helped to celebrate again during the week!
Jerrod and the kids decorated for me. They did such a good job.
I got a really cute scarf and gloves.
Then, Jerrod got me some cute black flats.
After I opened these two presents, we went to Red Robin for lunch and then went to the mall to do a little bit of shopping. I got another cute pair of shoes, two pairs of DKNY jeans for $24.00 TOTAL! (on major sale!), and a shirt. All day long I had been contemplating getting my bangs cut to go across my forehead instead of being swooped to the side. So, I called my friend and thankfully she let me come over right then. So, these next few pictures are me with my new haircut. I LOVE it. I think it makes me look a bit older and it was just the change I needed for a new year.
After we got home, we had cake and ice cream....
Jerrod got me trick candles. It was funny. Kennedi LOVED them. She couldn't stop giggling.
Still trying to blow out those candles!
My husband is the BEST at surprises. He bought me the watch that I had wanted for a while. I love it. It is a beautiful white Fossil watch. Thanks Honey!
Later, Jerrod and I got to go on a date to dinner at Red Lobster. It was yummy. We really enjoyed ourselves. It was so much fun to be with him. After dinner, we went to BJ's to get a Pazooki for dessert. A Pazooki is a delicious, huge, freshly baked cookie with ice cream on top. It was the perfect way to end the day.
Although 27 sounded like a fun age to be, it was one of the hardest years of my life. However, it did bring much joy through the birth of our son, Kohen.
These past few months have been very challenging and trying, but throughout it all, I have felt incredibly blessed. I have learned so many things in the past year. I have learned a lot about myself.
I am so overwhelmed by the amount of love that I have felt from others.
Most of all, I have gained a stronger testimony that my Father in Heaven KNOWS me and LOVES me.
I am so grateful for that.
Okay, 28...maybe you won't be so bad. I am excited to see how I will grow this year.











Comments
Ok, enough complaining about my hair on your blog. You just made me jealous. Glad you had a good birthday - and that you were spoiled by your sweet family. You deserve it!