Broken Out

Yesterday morning, Kaden woke up with a rash all over his body.  I took him to the Dr. to make sure that it wasn't something serious.  Kaden did so well as the Dr. and the medical student took a look at him.
So, apparently Kaden had an allergic reaction to the Amoxicillin that he was on.  The weird thing about it was that it didn't show up until day 10.  The Dr. said that it was actually quite common for it to not show up until day 9 or 10.  He then went on to tell me why he is "anti- Anti-biotic" for kids for ear infections.  (Kaden's regular Dr. prescribed it to him)
I could have sworn that Kaden has had Amoxicillin before, but maybe not.
I did some reading though and found that a lot of kids that have a reaction like this to amoxicillin will grow out of it by elementary school.  So, we will see.
Rash and all, I still think he is adorable.
He hasn't scratched it much.  The only thing that he is constantly scratching is his belly-button.  I will put some hydro-cortizone cream on that.  Other than that, he seems to be doing okay with it.







Comments

Lindsey said…
Poor little guy, I'm glad it wasn't more serious. I'd love to hear more about what that Dr. said about ear infections. Next time I see you :)
Custer Clan said…
Oh that's so sad. Were you freaked when you got him up that morning? I'm glad it wasn't a "bad" allergic reaction. Hope he fells better soon.
Pogue Fam said…
Poor cutie. He was dealing with it so well though! He is such a sweet heart... if only there were some way to make things like that instantly go away.
Mason Manor said…
Poor guy! I hope he gets better soon!
the poor thing. He looks so miserable. i hate when your kid is sick even worse than yourself being down and out. hope he is on the mend.

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years