Noise and Silence

You know how you get used to certain things?  Well, noise is one of those things that I am rather used to by now.  I grew up with a house full of kids and fun and noise--I was used to it then too.  

Then, I went away to college and Ecuador for a combined total of about 4 years which meant that I had a lot of time to enjoy silence.  Yes, I had crazy, loud roommates, but it was a different kind of "noise".  

Then Jerrod and I were married for about 1 1/2 years before our new little "noise" came into our home.  She was a delightful and overwhelming type of noise all a the same time, and we loved it. 

Then, a little over a year ago, more "noise" was added to our home in the form of a BOY.  I capitalize "boy" because he is truly a BOY in every sense of the word.  Boy noises are much louder than girl noises!  

Well, right now, I am sitting in silence.  Just me, at home by myself.  The only noise I hear is the typing on my laptop.  It is crazy and weird, and again, delightful all at the same time.  The kids are at my parent's house and I am waiting for Jerrod's flight to get in and then we will be off on a date to see South Pacific.  

I do enjoy hearing silence at times.  I feel that it is important to have personal silence times to be able to reflect and listen to the Spirit.  

Other than that, I have realized that I like the noise in my home.  
I mean, I don't need the TV or the radio on at all times, but I do enjoy hearing my little noises of laughter, boy-made car sounds, and feet jumping or running around. 

So, yes, I have been without my kids for 6 hours now and I miss them...but only a little bit.  I will be ready for their noise to fill our home again tomorrow, but until then,
I will enjoy my silence.

Comments

Pogue Fam said…
Oh how nice that sounds right now. Lee and I are exhausted from a long and busy day. I love the girls... but oh what we would do for a few hours of peace and quiet. I hope you two enjoy your show!!! and ENJOY your hubs being home!!!

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years