Tanganyika
On our drive home, we stopped in Wichita, KS to stay with Jerrod's sister, Jaela and her boyfriend, Curtis for a night. Jaela made an awesome dinner called Chicken Pillows (which is now on my favorite list), and we just visited and enjoyed ourselves. The next morning, we took the kids to a wildlife zoo called Tanganyika. It was a very cool, small zoo that had different animals. It was very customer friendly and they had different times where you could get up close and personal with the animals. We really wanted to be able to feed the giraffes, but because of heavy rain the night before, they didn't want them into the mud puddles. I was so dissapointed, but we were able to really enjoy some other animals.
Of course, we always enjoy the goats. Kennedi loves feeding them. I just think they are such a fun animal for kids.

I love tortises. I think they are one of the coolest looking animals. We also helped to feed them. Kaden kept wanting to eat the lettuce himself, so I had to keep a close watch on him!
We have never been this close to kangaroos. I think that they are also very cool animals. Before we were allowed to go into their cage, we saw two males fighting. They hoped around with both little arms in the air hitting eachother with their paws. It was crazy.

Our very favorite place was "Lemur Island". Ever since I saw "Madagascar" I have loved Lemurs. I think they are such amazing looking animals, and we were able to be right by them and feed them.
We would buy a Craisin from the zoo person, and the lemur would jump onto our laps and peel my fingers away to get to it. It was so crazy. Their little hands are amazing. They are so soft and they have very long fingers. It was so fun.
Kaden wanted to crawl around and get right down where they were. There were a few times that they would come right up to him and look at him, like "what is this creature doing here?"
This baby lemur rode on it's mama's back. It was so cute.
Just a picture of my sweet babes.
When we were ready to leave, we stopped by the gift shop and Kennedi found a Lemur to take home. She named it "Normy" after the lemur that kept coming up to us. She loves this little thing.
After that stop, we officially began our trek back home to Washington. We really enjoyed staying with Jaela and Curtis and are excited to go back to visit them again someday for a longer trip. Thanks guys!


















Comments