Out With the Old, and In With the New!!
This past month we have been going crazy doing projects in our home. We decided that we probably won't be selling or renting out our house anytime soon, so we decided to put a little bit of money into it to make it our own and make it something that we really loved to be in. I must admit. I was very apprehensive to all of these projects because I am just a chicken. I was afraid that I wouldn't like the outcome after all of the work that was put in. Now, I don't know why I thought that way, becuase after all is said and done, I love it and I don't know why it took us so long to actually do something! I have learned that it is amazing what a little paint will do for a home. It has warmed it up so much. I really love it.
Jerrod has really impressed me with this whole thing. He has worked so hard and has learned so many new things. He tiled both bathrooms all by himself. He has never tiled before, but he just went into Home Depot, asked someone what he needed and how to do it, and then he came home and just did it!! It really impressed me! He has also redone all of the plumbing underneath all of our sinks. We were able to save so much money by him just learning how to do something and doing it!
I will admit, I was kind of a crazy person during this whole thing. I hate having my house be a mess with something that I can't clean up, and it was hard having him home, but not being able to help me out with the kids because he was working so hard on the projects. I am VERY thankful that he is the person he is because he just wanted to get them done. So, literally in a matter of days, our tile and plumbing was done. We are definately not the type of people that have projects lingering over our heads for months! We did all of this in one months time! We are now just trying to figure out what to do with ourselves! haha.
Here are the before and after photos.....
KIDS BATHROOM BEFORE:

AFTER
KIDS' BATHROOM FLOOR BEFORE:
KIDS' BATHROOM FLOOR AFTER:
MASTER BATH BEFORE (please excuse the mess!)
MASTER BATH AFTER
LIVING ROOM ACCENT WALL:
Okay, so it may not seem like I am that high up in the air...but I AM! I am about 20 feet up high so that we could paint all the way up to our vaulted ceiling. When Jerrod came home with that ladder, I was talking about him getting up there, and he said, "No, you have to. It won't hold my weight." I just about died thinking that I had to get up that high. I have a little fear of heights and I just kept thinking all of the "what ifs". So, the first time I climbed up there, I was shaking and holding onto the ladder for dear life. I was so scared. I mostly focused on just getting the job done without looking down. Jerrod had me start at the highest point possible, so I just kept thinking that it was going to get easier as I went along. I did all of the trimming and by the end of it, I was zipping up and down that ladder with ease! I was pretty proud of myself. Here is the kicker though...when I was almost done, I saw on the side of ladder that it said, "Weight Limit 300 lbs." I just looked at Jerrod and said, "You jerk! You could have totally done this!" He then said, "I know. I just wanted you to get over your fear of heights." I was slightly annoyed, but at the same time, pretty proud of myself for doing it!
Okay, so it may not seem like I am that high up in the air...but I AM! I am about 20 feet up high so that we could paint all the way up to our vaulted ceiling. When Jerrod came home with that ladder, I was talking about him getting up there, and he said, "No, you have to. It won't hold my weight." I just about died thinking that I had to get up that high. I have a little fear of heights and I just kept thinking all of the "what ifs". So, the first time I climbed up there, I was shaking and holding onto the ladder for dear life. I was so scared. I mostly focused on just getting the job done without looking down. Jerrod had me start at the highest point possible, so I just kept thinking that it was going to get easier as I went along. I did all of the trimming and by the end of it, I was zipping up and down that ladder with ease! I was pretty proud of myself. Here is the kicker though...when I was almost done, I saw on the side of ladder that it said, "Weight Limit 300 lbs." I just looked at Jerrod and said, "You jerk! You could have totally done this!" He then said, "I know. I just wanted you to get over your fear of heights." I was slightly annoyed, but at the same time, pretty proud of myself for doing it!
So, here are the photos from the living room.
KITCHEN BEFORE:
COUNTERTOP, SINK AND FAUCET BEFORE:
















Comments