P.F. Changs and a WICKED Night

Last night we went to see WICKED for the second time. It was still as breath-taking and wonderful as the first time we saw it three years ago. I just can't describe how musical theatre makes me feel. I just sit there in awe at these people's talent. It just amazes me. I know that I have stated this before, but I really feel that I wasn't blessed with that talent so that I could love and appreciate it even more when people do have amazing voices. If I had that talent, I know that I wouldn't appreciate it as much as I do.
After Elfeba sang "The Wizard and I" Jerrod just turned to me and said. "Wow".
Yup, that just about sums it up. WOW. I did all that I could to keep the tears in. Not that anything was sad, but my emotions run so high during these performances. I just love it!
We went with my parents for their first time, and I think that my mom loved it just as much as I did. My dad thought it was great too. I am so grateful that Jerrod enjoys things like this. It is so fun to go without him complaining. Let's be honest, he wishes that he could sing that well too! I love you honey. Thanks for enjoying things like this with me!
Now for the next few weeks I will be continually listening to my WICKED soundtrack, singing and just imagining that I sound as amazing as Kristin Chenoweth or Idina Menzel. One can always imagine right?!
On another note, we ate at P.F. Changs before the performance. I would like to thank P.F. for allowing me to fall in love with chinese food. We went there for the first time about a year ago when we went to see Phantom of the Opera. Before that night, I didn't really like chinese food. I don't like rice and for some strange reason I didn't know that I could eat the chinese food without the rice! So, I bravely went to P.F. Changs ready to try something new. And I LOVED IT! The flavors are amazing. I think that our new tradition is to eat there before we see a show.....or, any time we are in downtown Seattle!
Comments