Girl's Getaway 2009

Cost of staying in this adorable beach house for a night: $15.00 ($100 split 7 ways)

Chipping in for gas: $12.00

Eating fish and chips at The One Eyed Crab: $15.00

Spending the night with seven of your girlfriends and staying up WAY too late so that you can get your picture taken like this in the morning:

PRICELESS

(Thanks Shelbi!)

On Friday, October 16th, me and six of my girlfriends from an old ward got together for a "Girls Getaway" to Westport, WA. We had the greatest time. Jerrod kept asking what we were going to do because it was rainy. He thought that we would just be bored the whole time.

Well, we were definitly NOT bored.


Lindsey is missing. (she was behind the camera.)



We were all so excited to spend a fun night away from everything. We met for dinner and then drove to our final destination in Westport. We already had so much fun in the car that I knew that we were going to have a blast when we got there. When we walked in, Lindsey and Kristin had cute fuzzy socks stuffed in a fun glass with our names on it for everyone.

Here are our fun socks...


We ate yummy treats, and chatted until about 4 am. Then, when everyone else went to sleep, Katie and I stayed up in our room until 5:30! I don't know how we thought that that was a good idea. But, if you know Katie and I, you know that we can just talk, and talk, and talk! And that is exactly what we did. We finally decided at 5:30 am that we needed to fall asleep so that we could enjoy our following day.
At 9:00 am is when I was awoken by a lovely flash in my face. (picture at the top) I tried rolling over so that I could go back to sleep, but the second I heard laughter out in the living room, I couldn't be asleep anymore! I didn't want to miss out on anything!
We decided to go for a walk on the beach that morning. We didn't care that it was windy and raining like crazy. We weren't about to drive all the way to the coast without getting to be on the beach! When we got there, Kristin and I decided to run along the beach. We ran may .10 of a mile because the rain and wind was so heavy that we could hardly keep our eyes open to see where we were going! It was fun, but short lived. We walked up and down the beach for a little while and then decided that we wanted to get back to the cabin to get warmed up to a yummy breakfast.
After breakfast, we all got ready and went into town to visit some shops.
After that, we went back to eat lunch and clean up.

Here are a few pictures of us just being us...

Sorry Katie, but I love it.

Natalie and Shelbi


I love this one too, Nat!


Meg


Lindsey and Meg

Kristin



Beautiful and pregnant!

Me, just being me.
Me and Natalie



All of us!

These two wonderful girl planned the whole thing!
Thanks girls!

Downtown.

At about 2 pm, a few of the girls had to leave, so the rest of us hung out for the rest of the day.
The weather had calmed down, so we went back to the beach to play.

A fun mushroom along the way.

A deer a short distance from us.


Just a photo I took.

Walking along the beach.

Katie and Lindsey running from the ocean.






We finished off our wonderful trip by eating yummy fresh seafood at The One Eyed Crab.

We really did have the greatest time. I just kept thinking about how lucky I am to be surrounded by such amazing women. They each mean something special to me and I am thankful them. So, thank you girls, for such a fabulous trip. I can't wait for the next one!

Comments

Stan and Jamie said…
how fun!! And Heidi, you are busted for holding that Mt. Dew can ;) (haha, just remembering your post about the sugar, I can't help it, that stuck!!) But anyways, how fun that you could get away with a bunch of girls and just have a blast!
Heidi B. said…
I know, I know! I do drink a Mt. Dew OCCASIONALLY! I really have cut down to about nothing except for special occasions. Thanks for the reminder! I was afraid that someone would get onto me about that one! haha.
Jerrod said…
Whats was the special occasion staying up until 5:30am? Perhaps since I get up at 4:00am everyday, I'll have the White Chocolate, Caramel MOCHA CHOCA LATA RATA FRAPACHINO.....only on special occasions though......like when I'm too tired to go on! Now the real question....was it for the flavor...or your mind telling you...I need caffeine...since I only got two hours of sleep......
Heidi B. said…
Jerrod, you are no longer allowed to leave comments. You think you are too smart. :)
Pogue Fam said…
And NOW it is time to plan for ours :D This looks spectacularly fun, and I will for sure be needing a gettaway before May! Such cute pictures! I'm glad you had such a good time :)
Max and Sarah said…
Yay for girl time! I love that under the scenic picture you put 'just a picture I took'. Um...it's amazing. I'm glad you had such a great time! You deserve it!
Stan and Jamie said…
haha, sorry I brought it up, but you guys are pretty funny :)
Katie Tyler said…
I LOVE it! Ok, Accept the creepy pic of me! But now I can just COPY your blog instead of writing my own! :)

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years