Grandma Joyce / Las Vegas



Jerrod's dear grandma had a massive stroke a few weeks ago. The crazy thing about this is that she spent a whole week with us two days before her stroke. I cannot tell you enough how thankful I am for that week that we were able to spend with her. She is an amazing woman and I have always truly enjoyed spending time with her. We were able to do a lot of fun things together and she was able to meet another one of her great-grandkids. She wasn't doing very well for a while and had told her son (Jerrod's Dad) to not allow them to give her a feeding tube. She felt that it was her time to go. Services were planned and we booked a trip to Las Vegas to hopefully see her one last time before she passed.


It was a bitter-sweet time for us. Being in Las Vegas is always fun, but because we were there to say "goodbye" to Joyce, it was hard. I am SO thankful for the opportunity we had to see her. It was incredibly hard to see her that way and to see her so close to death. But, I could see that her spirit was still very much alive. She even still had a sense of humor. We cried as we said what we thought were our last "goodbyes" on this earth. Thankfully because of our faith, we knew that we would see her again someday.


The next day, Jerrod got a text from his dad informing the family that Grandma Joyce had made a very concious decision to proceed with getting the feeding tubes and to go through rehab to get better. I don't know what changed, but maybe she realized that it wasn't her time to go yet. She is an incredibly strong woman who has decided to try to get through this trial. It will be a very long road ahead for her and she will have to learn how to get her body to work again, but with her spirit, we believe that it is possible.

I am still very thankful for the experience that I was able to have there with her. My testimony grew even more. Our bodies really are temporal and our spirits are eternal. Grandma Joyce continued to help teach me something even though she was very sick. I am thankful to have her be a part of my life.

Here are a few pictures of Grandma Joyce and us while she was here.



We did manage to have some fun while we were in Las Vegas. We were able to see relatives and hang out with cousins that we haven't seen in a while. We took the kids to the pool one day, ate at In-N-Out and took Kennedi to M&M world. (She is just like her parents! She LOVES her M&M's!) Overall it was a pretty good trip.


Nothing like an IPOD Touch to keep Kennedi busy during the flight!!


We stayed at the Orleans and Kennedi got beads from the hotel staff. She loved wearing them!



Kaden missed out on a lot of fun. He was always sleeping at the most exciting times!! I guess that is what a newborn is supposed to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years