{29}

Today is my 29th Birthday.

Birthdays always make me feel really thankful for my family, friends and life.  It is a day that I reflect on my life and the past year and how blessed I have been.  I really have been blessed this past year.  It started out really rough, but it ended just wonderfully.  I have come a long way in a year.  In my 29th year of life I......

Worked on getting stronger after being so sick.
Watched my brother marry an amazing girl.
Had a few surgeries for Kidney Stone removal.
Got sick again and spent a few days in the hospital.
Celebrated our 6th anniversary by spending a night in Seattle and going to see Les Miserables.
We went camping a few times.
I went to my high school TEN year reunion!
We spent  some time in Oklahoma and got to go to an OU football game.
My {big} baby girl started her second year of preschool.
We celebrated my baby boy's 1st birthday!
We went on our first cruise {gained weight} and had an amazing time!!
Met some new friends who I know will be great friends for life!!

It has been a great year overall.  I have been able to witness many tender mercies and have felt so loved by my Heavenly Father.

Today I had a great day.  I always feel so loved on my birthday.  I am thankful for all my friends and family who wish me a happy birthday.  I think it is so fun that everyone gets to have their own special day.  Some people just decide to make it a big deal.  {like me}  I milk it, and shout it from the rooftops.  It is the ONLY day that people let you get away with it.  So, why not?!?!!

This morning started out with a wonderful {read: obnoxiously beautiful} serenade by my lovely sister, Laurel.  She is usually the first one to call and sing.  Thankfully this year it was at 7 am and not 12 am.

I then walked down the stairs to see all of the decorations that Jerrod and Kristen put up the night before.   


 If you know me well, and you know my family, then these next two photos will make you laugh.  If you think it is rude, then you just don't know us very well.  I laughed so hard and Jerrod stayed home from work just to see my reaction.  

Please read the note before assuming that this is a baby announcement.  IT'S NOT!!  
It says, "What your mom really wanted first....  con't  <----"
"Oh and your Dad too....But we love you!  Love Jerrod, Kristen, Kennedi, Kaden, Kohen and Bauston"


Why yes I am!  But I will enjoy being 29!

 Bauston LOVES balls, and he also loves balloons.  He kept throwing it like he was shooting a basketball.  He is so dang cute!!

 After breakfast, we got all ready for the day and then opened presents!

The kids picked out this M&M dispenser for me.  They know how much I love them and let's be honest....they love them too!!!

Jerrod said that he layed out a $5 bill, a $1 bill and a quarter for Kohen to choose.   He said that Kohen chose the $1 bill and so that is what was in my card!  Thanks Buddy!!  


My new North Face jacket!  My husband sure knows me!  I LOVE jackets.  I {might} have an obsession with them.  

So blessed!

 My beautiful, amazing sister came to spend a couple of days with me!  I love her and I love my nephew!  It has been fun having them here.  

We then took the kids to the Supermall in Auburn and let the kids play in the Bounce House area.  Then we ate lunch at Red Robin!  I love free Birthday meals!
I was SO excited to eat my sundae.  I hadn't eaten yummy {unhealthy} food like that in 16 days!!  


 We got a cake and went home.  
Listening to my babies sing "Happy Birthday" to me.

 Getting ready to blow out all 29 candles!




In December 2010, I became very sick.  I was sick enough that I had to have a blood transfusion.  After that experience, I decided that I wanted to help save someone else's life like someone helped me.

After waiting for a whole year, I finally was able to donate blood!  I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday than to give that gift to someone else!  I hope that the person that my blood goes to will help them to be able to celebrate more birthdays! 
I was [this] close to not being able to donate.  After going through my extensive health history, getting the "okay" from the director after hearing about me having Sepsis, and then having my iron level come up .5 points short, and then getting it checked a second time, having it be in the okay zone, I was finally approved.  I was thrilled.  I would have been SO SAD!  In between the two iron tests, I said a silent prayer that my iron level would be okay.  My prayer was answered.  


I think that I have a new passion.  I am so excited to do it again.  I don't know why I was ever afraid to do it in the first place.  I will go back after March 12th.  {That is when I am eligible again.}  
Anyone want to go with me???? 


Thank you, Jerrod and Kristen for making my day so wonderful!  I love you!

Comments

Katie Tyler said…
Happy Birthday!! What a great idea to donate blood today- you are so amazing :) Everything looked so fun- especially the hair! Hottie! Happy 29-- have a wonderful year- and get ready to run a Marathon for your 30th...
Happy Birthday Heidi! So glad you had a great day. Love & miss you lots!
Tyrell Berner said…
Happy birthday!!! I LOVE the new haircut (apparently I haven't seen you in a while...)! You look amazing and I'm so glad your birthday was a good one.
jenn gent said…
Sounds like a fabulous birthday! Hooray!!!
Kristin said…
I am so glad you had such a great birthday. You deserve it! You are one of the most uplifting, happy, beautiful people I know. Happy Birthday Heidi!

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years