No Control "Control Freak"

Do you remember when I posted a few days ago about my goal of reading The Book of Mormon with the purpose of studying and developing the Christ-like attribute of Patience??  

The past few days have been going great.  I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and studying.  I LOVE it.  I also thought that I was doing a pretty good job with my family.  I have been more patient, and loving with my husband and children.  I have been so happy these past few days. 

Apparently, my Heavenly Father feels that I need to be challenged even more.  I have learned a lot in the first few 9 chapters of 1 Nephi about patience.  I learned that it isn't only being patient with those around you.  It is about being patient with life.  Trials.  

Some may call me a "Control Freak".  To you, I say, you are probably right.  I enjoy control.  I have a hard time passing that control onto someone else.  I don't think that I became a self-proclaimed "Control Freak" until I got sick last year and had to fully give all of my control to others so that I could get healthy.  It was incredibly hard for me.  When I was able to have my control back, I enjoyed it.  I felt like I had my life back.  I could decide what I wanted to do.  When I wanted to do it and how I wanted to do it.  

Well, let me just tell you a little bit about my physical plans for this month:

I signed up for Extreme Boot Camp for the next 10 weeks.
I have committed to do the Bodyrock.tv 30 Day Challenge. (High intensity at-home workouts)
I teach four group exercise classes at the Y per week.  
And, Stake basketball started last night.....which brings me to my problem: 


I sprained my ankle last night while playing basketball.  You can't really tell how swollen it is and that the bruising is setting in.  Needless to say, it hurts.  I am on crutches and hoping that after resting it this weekend that I will be able to wear an ankle brace and I will be able to start getting back into it.  

Of course, I didn't really plan for this to happen, and now I have to apply what I have been learning in the scriptures and have patience through this.  I don't like being told that I can't do something and right now, my ankle is the one telling me that I can't do anything.  It is so frustrating.  
Thankfully I have an amazing husband who is going to be amazing help this weekend.  

Comments

Katie Tyler said…
nothing better than getting to apply what we learn in the scriptures!! You should've known studying patience would bring you trials :) I am so sorry - it is so frustrating to be limited when you have big goals! hang in there!
Tyrell Berner said…
I was really looking forward to friday because I knew you would have a blog post!... and it came a day early! Even better!

I hope your ankle gets better super fast...

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years