Snow and Ice and a CRAZY Week!
This last week has been CRAZY!! I mean CRAZY!
We have had crazy weather.
It started out with pretty snow, and lots of it and then turned to ice.
The snow was fun, but the ice...not so much.
We kept hearing on the news that this was going to be a crazy storm and that we needed to prepare for it.
Tuesday night and Wednesday morning we got dumped on. The kids woke up excited and we ran outside to play. It was so fun. I hadn't played in the snow in a long time.
We started to build a snowman out back and then moved out front.
This is our finished product! We were pretty happy with it, but by this time, Kennedi was DONE. She started to get cold and wanted to go inside.
Before you start with the comments about Kaden being in a t-shirt---He was already inside and took off his jacket. When Jerrod came out to take our photo, he ran out without his jacket to look at the Snow woman.
Just showing how much snow we got. For a place that averages 5 inches of snow in one whole year, this was a lot for us. We got about 5 inches in one day!
Because of the weather, we had many friend who lost their power. On Thursday, we had 4 families (The Pogues, The Cox's, The Simpsons, and the Hoyts) over who needed a warm place to stay, and some yummy food to eat. I am so thankful that we had power and were able to do that for them. It was a full house. But, it was a full house with happy, warm, fed families. It made me SO happy.
Megan and I have birthdays 5 days apart. We were finally able to exchange our birthday gifts.
I made her these photo blocks. I am SO pleased with how they turned out.
She made me an amazingly adorable apron. I haven't taken a photo of it yet, but I will soon! I LOVE IT!
After our fun Thursday, everything turned to ICE. Thick, thick ice. It shut everything down even more so than the snow did. It caused many trees and branches to fall all over. It kind of looks like a tornado came through Puyallup.
Here are a bunch of photos that I took around our house.
This is our poor rose bush that is now bent over in half.
Our Snow Woman is now an Ice Woman! Her hat was SOLID.
Today for church, we had to meet in a different building, combined with another ward because the power was out in our church building.
I took this next photo to express how grateful I am that we did not lose power throughout the week. We were some of the VERY FEW that did not lose power. There were over 200,000 people who lost power. Our friends had lost power for almost the whole week. I felt so bad for those who didn't have power.
I am thankful that we were able to be safe, and help those in need.
I am thankful that we live in the time that we do. I love electricity. At times like this, we are able to stop and appreciate it.
We found out tonight that our friends now have power. I am SO happy for them!
CRAZY, LONG, week but I am so glad that it is over. Hopefully we can get back to normal life tomorrow!!!
































Comments
I will say that although ice is scary, it.is.beautiful! We used to have ice storms in Kansas and they were doozys. Glad you guys didn't lose power.