Kennedi and Mary


One day Kennedi came to me and told me that she wanted to look like Mary (in the painting at the top) holding baby Jesus.  It was so sweet.  It made me grateful for art pieces like that that I have displayed in my home. 

I feel in love with that painting by Liz Lemon Swindle when Jerrod and I first got married.  He surprised me on our first Christmas with it as a way to tell me that he was ready to start a family.  

I wanted nothing more than to be a mother.  I love the painting of Mary holding her sweet baby, whom is my Savior Jesus Christ.  I display that in my home year round, to remind me of the amazing responsibility that I have of raising my children to return to our Heavenly Father.  

Seeing Kennedi wanting to replay what she saw in that painting helped me to know that I am at least doing something right.  

Comments

Pogue Fam said…
Thats a beautiful post Heidi. You are such a great Mother! I LOVE this picture.
Katie Tyler said…
That is one of my favorite pictures too! You are inspiring me to hang more pictures like that in my house :)

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years