Valentines Day Weekend

This Valentines Day was pretty low-key for us.  At the end of January, we went to see "South Pacific" which we decided was our date for Valentines Day since it was pretty expensive.  So, Valentines weekend, we just spent time together as a family.  Earlier in the week, Jerrod gave Kennedi and me our gift.  It was fun heart cookie cutters and sprinkles.  Kennedi and I love making cookies together, so that was a fun activity for us during the week.  On Friday, we took the kids swimming.  We had a blast.  Their smiles and giggles were priceless.  Saturday we just hung out and didn't really do anything.  Saturday night I made this for Jerrod--
A homemade "Edible Arrangements".  Since Jerrod has been doing so well trying to eat healthy and lose weight, I wanted to give/make him something that he could enjoy.  It was yummy.  We cuddled up with a movie and snacked on this yummy fruit.  It was my first attempt at something like this, and I think it turned out pretty well.  It was fun to make.

On Sunday, we went to church and enjoyed our day together.  Kennedi gave me a cute little box of chocolates and a Valentine.  We gave Kaden a new pair of sunglasses and Kennedi a little heart necklace and earrings.   It is so fun to spend these holidays with the kids. 
Jerrod helped me clean the whole house so that the rest of my week would be easier.  I really do love and appreciate all that he does for me.  He is one of a kind and I was lucky enough to find him.  I love him so much and feel so blessed that he is
MY ETERNAL VALENTINE!

Comments

Pogue Fam said…
OOh cute job Heidi! Those chocolate strawberries look amazing.... anything chocolate right now would be amazing haha. It sounds like you two had a lovely weekend :D
Katie Tyler said…
how cute! I love that Jerod thought to get you guys cookie cutters! What a perfect mom n daughter gift. AND I love the idea of the edible arrangements without spending a million dollars on 10 strawberries! Adorable!
Lindsey said…
love your edible arrangement, good job!! It makes me want to try one. I'll have to call you and get some tips :)

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years