A Glimpse of Three
Today I got a small glimpse.
A glimpse in to what, you may ask? A glimpse of what it is going to be like with three children.
In church today, I held my friend's 1 month old baby. I wanted to cuddle with him and love him because he is so tiny and beautiful. I thought it would be nice and relaxing to hold him while I was listening to the speakers.
I was wrong.
As soon as I got him, Kennedi and Kaden were so excited to see him. I have quickly learned over the past couple of weeks, that Kaden LOVES new babies. He is very gentle with them and carefully watches them with a huge grin on his face. So, I wasn't too concerned about him poking or hurting the baby.
After the first initial excitement wore off, I soon found myself trying to hold a delicate baby, while trying to still control my 18 month old during Sacrament meeting. Kennedi was sitting in between me and Jerrod and was doing her best to keep entertained.
Let me add in something here. I am a freak about my kids and Sacrament meeting. One of my big rules is that they don't turn around. They sit, facing forward, so as not to distract those around them.
Well, this was kind of short-lived today. All of a sudden, I realized that Kaden was turned around, smiling and playing with one of my good friends. I was trying to get him to sit down, while holding the baby, while making sure Kennedi was staying happy! Thankfully Jerrod was there to help or it could have been a lot worse! Oh dear.
Then it hit me. That was going to be my life in the near future. Someday, my two will turn to three and I will have to chase around two toddlers, and still take care of a tiny little one.
After I kindly handed the baby back to his Mom, I quietly reflected about how difficult it might be, but then realized that there is nothing else that I would rather be doing than being a Mom to however many children will bless our family.
Comments
Jordan has the same rule as you, for church, but he adds in no playing or reading books or coloring! How he expects a 2 year old to make it through mass I will never know! :-P