What Kennedi Wants to be When She Grows Up

A Doctor or Vet?

We got Kennedi a "nurses/doctor" set for her birthday. She loves it. As you can see, she is giving her Kitty a shot.







An Artist?
The past couple of weeks, she has been amazing me with her drawings. I didn't even know that she could actually draw objects. Up until now, it has just been crazy lines, or circles. The other day, she came to me and showed me this picture of a face that she drew. And, the one below she drew a couple nights ago and showed Jerrod. She said, "Daddy, look at my elephant!" He was amazed as well. I am so glad that he took a photo of it. I am pretty impressed by her artistic abilities. Probably because if I drew an elephant it wouldn't even come close to her picture!





Best of All: A Mommy.
Notice how I didn't put a question mark on that one. I know she will be a Mommy someday. It is so fun to see her little mothering instincts at this age. The other night, she wanted to help Kaden eat his mashed potatoes, so we sat her up on the chair and she fed him. She did such a good job and he ate all of his food with her help!


I love this one because if you look at her mouth, she is doing the whole "open mouth when feeding Kaden" thing. It is so funny how our bodies naturally do this. I have caught Jerrod and myself doing this over and over.


What a great big sister!


It is so fun watching Kennedi grow up and playing make-believe. She is always talking about her "friends" or playing school or house. She loves to sing and dance and play with her brother and Kitty. She calls them "sweetheart" a lot. It is so sweet. I can't believe that my baby girl is growing up so fast. I am so thankful that I can record things like this so that we can remember these stages.

Comments

Jerrod said…
Does your cat think she is human...wow her own Dora recliner. Thats one spoiled Cat!
Tyrell Berner said…
That Elephant is so good!
Danielle said…
These are absolutely priceless! Love the vet pics:)

Potty Training story:
So, I was offering the potty almost every time I could tell she needed to "go," and she'd most always say no. Then, we're at my parents this weekend and she says YES to my mom, and then pees in the potty! What?!
So, we're just starting, and I'm not pushing it. It's probably a little over 50% right now, but that's better than nothing I guess. I'd love for her to be done before the baby comes, so I'm casually starting now:) I agree with you- pushing it before they're ready isn't a good idea at all... We've been doing LOTS of amazing treats when she goes too!
Rachel said…
What a great big sister Kennedi is! Very cute pictures!
Katie Tyler said…
ok, I hate to admit it when someone outdoes my own kid... but that Elephant drawing is pretty awesome!
what a girl--she's a doll Heidi. you are super-mom!

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years