Labor Day Weekend and A One Year Old

We came home from Texas at the end of August just in time to go to Ellensburg for Labor Day weekend and to celebrate Kaden's first birthday. Labor Day weekend is always a huge deal for us because of the fair and rodeo. Granted, it isn't the Texas Sate Fair or even the Puyallup Fair, but it is a fun family tradition that we have been doing since we were young. It is always fun to go back and spend the weekend with family and running into old friends.

Fair
Kaden and GG

Auntie Kristen and Kennedi





I tried getting Kaden to stand up so that I could get a picture of him in his cute overalls, but he wouldn't do it.

RODEO
This year we were able to go the Rodeo. Jerrod and I went with my mom and grandma while Auntie Kristen and Grandpa took care of the kids. It was fun to watch. I was able to get a few photos while it was still daylight.








PARADE
I was really excited to take the kids to the parade this year because I knew that they would love seeing the horses and other fun things. Once again, it isn't a super extravagant parade, but it is a tradition that I love. The weather was crappy (of course) but the kids still loved it.
We were all dressed up for the OU season opener. (we all know how that ended up.) But we showed our love and support for them!





I just have to say that Kaden LOVES his Grandpa. I think it is pretty special to see. He normally is pretty clingy to his mommy or daddy, but he does enjoy his grandpa. Grandma is a bit jealous, but she has her Kennedi who absolutely loves and adores her.





Our little movie star just watching the parade.


Like father, like son. They both stated how much they just love (much sarcasm) going to the parade. We were glad that they came to join the family.

Another like father, like son. Here is Jerrod and Kaden all dressed up in their OU gear. So cute!

Kennedi showing the candy that she grabbed.


Kaden got pretty tired, and Daddy put him to sleep in the middle of the parade.

I just think she is so dang cute.


I think this picture of my dad and sister is so cute. I think they look so much alike.


KADEN'S VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR 1st BIRTHDAY
For Kaden's 1st birthday we had a little party at my parents house. I made him a Very Hungry Caterpillar cake and we ate some of the yummy food that the caterpillar ate in the book. We had lots of fun with Kaden. I can't believe that my little bug is one year old already. Where has the time gone?!?! When we just had Kennedi I couldn't imagine my life being any better, but I was VERY wrong. Kaden has brought so much joy into our home over the past year. He is such a fun BOY. His love for his mommy, daddy and sister is displayed everyday in his smiles and millions of kisses. We are so grateful that he joined our family. He is just a blessing.
We love you BUG!

Here is Kaden with his Grandpa again playing with the balloons.

I think this is such a sweet picture of these two.


I told you he loves his Grandpa!


The cake I made. This didn't take nearly as long as Kennedi's duck cake. It was a lot of fun to make. Thanks to Jerrod for his help in advice on exactly how to execute this. I think it turned out pretty cute.


Our little set up. We ate lots of fruit from the book.




This is Kennedi's way of trying to get Kaden to smile at the camera. She is such a funny girl.


BIG BOY!


Trying to steal and orange before the party begins.




Opening presents.





Kennedi helped him blow out the candle.


"Finally I get some cake!"



Obviously he enjoyed the cake!

Comments

Lindsey said…
Cute party theme! Love the cake, good job! Kaden is getting so big :)

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years