Fifty and Fabulous

A few years ago, I was very aware that my Mom was going to be turning 50 soon. I had in the back of my mind visions of planning a big 50th birthday party for her. I thought..." I will be 26. I think I could throw one together."
Well, being in Texas this Summer threw me off and I knew that we would be getting back home just before her 50th birthday. I very sadly threw the idea out the window thinking that there would be no way that I could put something like that together.
Right after I made the decision to not throw a party, my amazing, wonderful husband said to me, "What are we doing for your Mom's birthday? 50 is kind of a big deal!"
I then knew, with his support that I would be able to do this thing that I had been dreaming about for a few years for my Mom.
I LOVE birthdays. I love making people feel special on their day.
I was so excited to start planning her party.
With the help of my husband, family members and friends, I was able to pull it off. We had a great time and I am pretty sure that we surprised her. We ate yummy Cafe Rio Pork Barbocoa salads, and, of course, cake. I really hope that she felt special. She sure is loved.

So, she thought that we were going out to dinner together as a family. Well, we blind folded her and then Dad drove her all over the place to confuse her. Finally when they arrived at the Calaway's, we put on a crown, sash, and feather boa to get her all FABULOUS. As you can see, she looked great.


SURPRISE!!
Her wonderful friends love to tease her about her real name, so they live it up around her birthday.

I just think that my mom's senior picture is gorgeous. I felt it necessary to display it for all to see.
The other photos are of the whole family and all of her kids.
Opening her gift from dad....tickets to see WICKED. She was pretty excited!

WOW! 50 candles!




I think she almost fainted after that...not really, but she did try to get them all on one breath!
Kennedi eating Grandma's yummy cake!

Big boy standing on the table--all messy from eating the cake.
It was a fun night! Thanks Mom, for being the greatest mom ever. I hope you know how much you are loved and appreciated. I truly enjoyed planning this party for you! You deserved it! I love you!
Here's to being FIFTY AND FABULOUS!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years