Thanksgiving in Oklahoma
We spent Thanksgiving in Oklahoma this year. It was a lot of fun to spend some time with family and friends.

I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband. He has taken me on more adventures and has helped more dreams come true of mine than I could have ever imagined! While we were in Oklahoma, we were able to go to two OU football games. We had a blast. Jerrod grew up going to those football games, and well, I grew up only going to Mariners games. I never have enjoyed watching football on T.V., but I did enjoy the high school games. I only was able to see the Ricks College (now BYU-Idaho) football team play a couple of times my first year at college, but nothing can compare to a Big 12 football game. Jerrod has talked about OU football games our whole marriage and I just didn't really understand. Now I know!! We went to the OU-Texas Tech game on Saturday Nov. 22, and the OU-OSU game on Nov. 29th. I had an absolute BLAST!!! There I was, in a sea of crimson red cheering on this team that I really have no connection with, other than Jerrod growing up loving them. If you would have seen me, you would have thought that I was deeply connected to this team somehow. I loved the people, the cheering, and even the dang fight song that I once despised hearing over and over again! There was an excitement that I can't explain! I think that Jerrod fell in love with me all over again during those games. We had so much fun going on a date together. And to top all of that off, WE WON!!
The even more interesting thing about this whole story is that this last Saturday was the Big 12 Championship game and I was actually excited to sit down and watch the game with Jerrod. CRAZY! I now officially consider myself an OU fan, where as before I was just married to one.
Well, OU won that championship game and are now off to play Florida in the National Championship game on Jan. 8th!
We have some good friends who are there attending Florida. It has been kinda fun giving them crap. Good luck Blaine and Hillary!! (Your team is going to need it!) BOOMER SOONER!!


KENNEDI'S RUN IN WITH THE E.R.
I always thought that Kaden would be the reason for our first trip to the E.R. with an injury, but while we were in Oklhoma, Kennedi proved me wrong. Kennedi is an animal lover and I would not be surprised to see her grow up to be a vet or something. She would go up to a pit bull; or a bull for that matter to give it a hug and kiss.
Jerrod's Dad has two Shitzu dogs. We knew that one of them didn't like kids because he had a past of nipping at kids. So, we were as careful as possible to keep Kennedi away from him. She did a really good job for a few days. One morning, Jerrod told her that she could pet him while Daddy was with her. Jerrod got up to go to the bathroom, and Kennedi went to kiss the dog. The dog didn't appreciate that and bit her right on the lip. Needless to say, I freaked out when I saw her bloody face. I didn't know how bad it was. I got her cleaned up and we decided that we needed to take her in to get stiches. We were pretty upset and let's just say that the dog knew it.
The E.R. staff was great. They got us in right away. But, the whole process was HORRIBLE!!! Kennedi hates Dr.'s even if there is nothing wrong with her. And, she doesn't really like men, so the combination of the two is just scary for her. We had to wrap her body up in a sheet to help contain her and the nurse and I held her down while the topical anisthetic was being applied. Kennedi freaked out the entire time. She was screaming and crying and telling us things like "No way, No way!" "Mommy, I don't want it!" "Daddy, I go Bye Bye!" It was SO SAD and so hard to hear her yell out for me, but there was nothing that I could do then. After about 15 minutes of that, the Dr. finally came in to give her the stiches. I don't really know how long it took for him to do the stiches, but it was a long time because she was moving and crying. During that time, I just sat in a chair and held Kaden while Jerrod, a nurse and another nurse guy held her body and head still. (or tried to at least) She was still screaming for us. Finally, seven stitches later, he was done. Kennedi was so sweaty from fighting it all that we could have wrung her out like a mop! I was amazed about how strong I was during the whole thing. It was almost like this Super-Mom power came over me and at that moment I had to be strong for my baby. But, right after it was all over, I lost it. I just sat there and cried. Most of all, I was thankful that it wasn't worse. We really were lucky.
I was also very thankful that Jerrod was there with me. He was also my strength. When she was done, the nurse brought her in a popsicle and that made Kennedi so happy. She was so happy to be done.
The day we got home from Oklahoma, we went to the Dr. to get out her stiches. Needless to say, it was pretty much the same scenario getting them out. I am just thankful that it is all over. Our only battle now is putting the Mederma on her scar to make sure that it doesn't scar too badly. I think that it will turn out okay.
So, here are the pictures of her lip right after the hospital.

We spent Thanksgiving with Jerrod's Aunt and her family and Jerrod's Mom. It was so much fun to just spend some time with them. They loved having Kennedi and Kaden there. Here are just a few more pictures from our trip.

Grandma Gay and her kids



Great-Grandma and the kids.


Jerrod's aunt lives right by a park that has tons of ducks. Thanksgiving morning, Jerrod took Kennedi to go feed them. She loved them!

I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband. He has taken me on more adventures and has helped more dreams come true of mine than I could have ever imagined! While we were in Oklahoma, we were able to go to two OU football games. We had a blast. Jerrod grew up going to those football games, and well, I grew up only going to Mariners games. I never have enjoyed watching football on T.V., but I did enjoy the high school games. I only was able to see the Ricks College (now BYU-Idaho) football team play a couple of times my first year at college, but nothing can compare to a Big 12 football game. Jerrod has talked about OU football games our whole marriage and I just didn't really understand. Now I know!! We went to the OU-Texas Tech game on Saturday Nov. 22, and the OU-OSU game on Nov. 29th. I had an absolute BLAST!!! There I was, in a sea of crimson red cheering on this team that I really have no connection with, other than Jerrod growing up loving them. If you would have seen me, you would have thought that I was deeply connected to this team somehow. I loved the people, the cheering, and even the dang fight song that I once despised hearing over and over again! There was an excitement that I can't explain! I think that Jerrod fell in love with me all over again during those games. We had so much fun going on a date together. And to top all of that off, WE WON!!
The even more interesting thing about this whole story is that this last Saturday was the Big 12 Championship game and I was actually excited to sit down and watch the game with Jerrod. CRAZY! I now officially consider myself an OU fan, where as before I was just married to one.
Well, OU won that championship game and are now off to play Florida in the National Championship game on Jan. 8th!
We have some good friends who are there attending Florida. It has been kinda fun giving them crap. Good luck Blaine and Hillary!! (Your team is going to need it!) BOOMER SOONER!!


KENNEDI'S RUN IN WITH THE E.R.
I always thought that Kaden would be the reason for our first trip to the E.R. with an injury, but while we were in Oklhoma, Kennedi proved me wrong. Kennedi is an animal lover and I would not be surprised to see her grow up to be a vet or something. She would go up to a pit bull; or a bull for that matter to give it a hug and kiss.
Jerrod's Dad has two Shitzu dogs. We knew that one of them didn't like kids because he had a past of nipping at kids. So, we were as careful as possible to keep Kennedi away from him. She did a really good job for a few days. One morning, Jerrod told her that she could pet him while Daddy was with her. Jerrod got up to go to the bathroom, and Kennedi went to kiss the dog. The dog didn't appreciate that and bit her right on the lip. Needless to say, I freaked out when I saw her bloody face. I didn't know how bad it was. I got her cleaned up and we decided that we needed to take her in to get stiches. We were pretty upset and let's just say that the dog knew it.
The E.R. staff was great. They got us in right away. But, the whole process was HORRIBLE!!! Kennedi hates Dr.'s even if there is nothing wrong with her. And, she doesn't really like men, so the combination of the two is just scary for her. We had to wrap her body up in a sheet to help contain her and the nurse and I held her down while the topical anisthetic was being applied. Kennedi freaked out the entire time. She was screaming and crying and telling us things like "No way, No way!" "Mommy, I don't want it!" "Daddy, I go Bye Bye!" It was SO SAD and so hard to hear her yell out for me, but there was nothing that I could do then. After about 15 minutes of that, the Dr. finally came in to give her the stiches. I don't really know how long it took for him to do the stiches, but it was a long time because she was moving and crying. During that time, I just sat in a chair and held Kaden while Jerrod, a nurse and another nurse guy held her body and head still. (or tried to at least) She was still screaming for us. Finally, seven stitches later, he was done. Kennedi was so sweaty from fighting it all that we could have wrung her out like a mop! I was amazed about how strong I was during the whole thing. It was almost like this Super-Mom power came over me and at that moment I had to be strong for my baby. But, right after it was all over, I lost it. I just sat there and cried. Most of all, I was thankful that it wasn't worse. We really were lucky.
I was also very thankful that Jerrod was there with me. He was also my strength. When she was done, the nurse brought her in a popsicle and that made Kennedi so happy. She was so happy to be done.
The day we got home from Oklahoma, we went to the Dr. to get out her stiches. Needless to say, it was pretty much the same scenario getting them out. I am just thankful that it is all over. Our only battle now is putting the Mederma on her scar to make sure that it doesn't scar too badly. I think that it will turn out okay.
So, here are the pictures of her lip right after the hospital.

We spent Thanksgiving with Jerrod's Aunt and her family and Jerrod's Mom. It was so much fun to just spend some time with them. They loved having Kennedi and Kaden there. Here are just a few more pictures from our trip.

Grandma Gay and her kids



Great-Grandma and the kids.


Jerrod's aunt lives right by a park that has tons of ducks. Thanksgiving morning, Jerrod took Kennedi to go feed them. She loved them!
Comments