Christmas Rush Fun Run 2008

Registration Fee:  $20.00
New running shorts and shirt: $22.88
Finishing my 1st 10K without walking: PRICELESS!!!!!

That's right!!  On Saturday, December 13th, 2008 I accomplished my goal that I made months ago to run a 10K.  That is 6.21 miles.  My friend Katie and I decided to do this to celebrate her 30th birthday and to help us get back in shape after having our babies. We even talked a few other girls into doing it with us!  Over the past 8 weeks, I have been amazed at what my body could do.  I ran 3 miles on Mondays, 2 miles on Wednesdays and a long run on Saturdays that worked up to 5 miles.  Occasionally I would miss a run, but for the most part, I did well staying on top of my training schedule.  It is crazy to me to think that now running 3 miles is just part of a routine work out for me.  Running the 10K was an amazing feeling.  I can't even explain it.  I never would have thought that it would be something that I would enjoy, but I really loved it.  It was definitely hard, and I was very tired, but at the end I just felt exhilarated and excited to find out when my next race would be.  
I ran with Katie and Kristin and we talked and laughed the whole way.  
Jerrod, Kennedi, and Kaden were there to cheer me on.  I was very thankful for their love and support.  

There are a lot of pictures from that day.  Here is just a few of them to tell the story of my race!


Getting my number!


Aren't you jealous of my cow shirt??!!  haha.  Actually it will be a very good running shirt because it is made of "breathable" material.

Pinning my number on


Me and Katie before
Just practicing our run!

I was trying to show how cold it was.  It was 35 degrees and we were quite cold at first, but quickly warmed up as we were running.

Our fun group of girls that we ran with. 
Just doing a little warm-up!

One of my biggest fans!!
Here we go!!



Jonathan, Jerrod, and the kids found us along the way.  This was probably around 1 1/2 miles.  We were so excited to see them cheering for us on the other side of the river.  

This is right at the very end.  We really pushed hard and sprinted to the end to finish strong. 

1 hr 7 min and 18 sec!!!  We didn't stop or walk the entire way!!  It was such an amazing feeling to cross this finish line.  We were so proud of ourselves!

YAY for us!

Kisses from my freezing baby!  

Us at the end!


This was such a great experience.  I really am looking forward to the next race.  My cousin, Geoff, who does Iron Man competitions wished me good luck the day before the race.  He said, "Go out there and have a blast and enjoy being healthy."
Geoff- That is exactly what I did.  Thank you!  

Comments

Geoff McCombs said…
Heids! Thanks so much for calling me after the race. It was so great talking to you. I'm so glad you had such a great race. Loved the pics. Kennedi is adorable! I love you!
Pogue Fam said…
I'm so proud of you!!!! Sorry I didnt call you after... Sat was an interesting day around here. You have inspired me though. Maybe next time I will run with you... :)
Bryce said…
Nice work! I think your work out was good enough for me. Thanks for the motivation.
Rachel said…
AWESOME! Good for you Heidi! I'm proud of you and you're an inspiration to me! I've been feeling lately that I'd like to run a mini-marathon. I'd have to train for a while to do a 10K but I'd like to do that! Way to go! I love reading your blog! Sorry to hear about Kennedi's stitches! I know I would lose it if Calvin had to go into the E.R. and I don't look forward to that day but you've given me hope that the "Supermom" is in all of us, and I hope it's in me when the time is right!
Kristin said…
So Proud of You!!!

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years