One of my new interests...
Well, I must say, as a mother I really enjoyed Elder M. Russell Ballard's talk at Genereal Conference. And, one of the things that I loved was when he told us how important it is to take some time for ourselves. (what mother wouldn't love someone telling you that???!!!) So, I took his advice very quickly and did something for myself that night! Well, I have actually really been enjoying this new thing for a while now, and it was actually already planned, it just happened to be on the same night as Elder Ballard's talk.
What is it you might ask? Is it sewing?? No, I already tried that and I am not so great at it! Is it scrapbooking?? No, I don't necessarily enjoy doing that, but I love my finished products and I am quite overwhelmed at the moment with all that I have to do. Is it reading?? No, I do that in spurts. I am still working on 2 books from months ago!
It is cooking and baking! I never really thought that I would enjoy cooking and baking, but lately I have loved trying new things. One of my new favorite things is America's Test Kitchen. It is a cooking show that is on everyday. It isn't your typical Food Network cooking show. (Maybe that is why it has taken me so long to discover it!) They always have a theme of some type ie. breakfast, BBQ, Apple Dessert, etc. So, they cook something from that theme, and then they have a taste test of an ingredient that would be used in that recipe and then they have a product test so that you know which products are the best for your money. I love this show. It is so full of great information. So, lately I have been trying new recipes, and loving it. It really is amazing to me how great of a cook I seem to be when I follow recipes. :) It has just been fun to make something else other than our normal rotation of about 4 meals.
Last night I made my very first (yes, I know this is kind of pathetic) double layer cake from scratch. I have just always been a boxed recipe type of girl. But, I had so much fun making my own chocolate cake. It turned out delicious! With this and my duck cake making skills, I just may open up my own bakery! Just kidding. Here are a few photos that I wanted to show off.

Chopping the chocolate.

Taking my two layers out of the oven!

It's all done!

Jerrod's artistic photography.

Yummy!!

Kennedi enjoying her mommy's new hobby!
What is it you might ask? Is it sewing?? No, I already tried that and I am not so great at it! Is it scrapbooking?? No, I don't necessarily enjoy doing that, but I love my finished products and I am quite overwhelmed at the moment with all that I have to do. Is it reading?? No, I do that in spurts. I am still working on 2 books from months ago!
It is cooking and baking! I never really thought that I would enjoy cooking and baking, but lately I have loved trying new things. One of my new favorite things is America's Test Kitchen. It is a cooking show that is on everyday. It isn't your typical Food Network cooking show. (Maybe that is why it has taken me so long to discover it!) They always have a theme of some type ie. breakfast, BBQ, Apple Dessert, etc. So, they cook something from that theme, and then they have a taste test of an ingredient that would be used in that recipe and then they have a product test so that you know which products are the best for your money. I love this show. It is so full of great information. So, lately I have been trying new recipes, and loving it. It really is amazing to me how great of a cook I seem to be when I follow recipes. :) It has just been fun to make something else other than our normal rotation of about 4 meals.
Last night I made my very first (yes, I know this is kind of pathetic) double layer cake from scratch. I have just always been a boxed recipe type of girl. But, I had so much fun making my own chocolate cake. It turned out delicious! With this and my duck cake making skills, I just may open up my own bakery! Just kidding. Here are a few photos that I wanted to show off.

Chopping the chocolate.

Taking my two layers out of the oven!

It's all done!

Jerrod's artistic photography.

Yummy!!

Kennedi enjoying her mommy's new hobby!
Comments
Good luck with your MAD COOKING SKILLS :)