Our Next Big News
I realized that I haven't really been posting anything about this pregnancy. I don't know why. Maybe because now that I am a mom Kennedi keeps me so busy that I don't just sit around wishing that the baby was here. So, I will share a bit about this one.
This pregnancy has been different than when I was pregnant with Kennedi. The first 12 weeks were pretty similar, so I thought that everything was going to just be the same. I was wrong. I got the usual "all day sickness" feeling and I would always feel like I needed to throw up. Also, my poor husband had to cook for himself the whole first 12 weeks. I couldn't handle smells. They were quite intense this time. I also never felt like eating. Well, I thought that as soon as 12 weeks hit this would all go away. But, it didn't. I still felt nausious a lot and if I didn't have something in my stomach that would usually cause me to dry heave. Not fun. That feeling has actually gone down a lot over the past few weeks and I have been feeling a lot better.
I am now 21 1/2 weeks along and things still feel different. I felt like at this time Kennedi was doing gymnastics inside of me, but this baby is a lot more mellow at this time. It was making me nervous but thankfully I had a doctors appointment last week and he reassured me that everything is fine and the baby is healthy.
So, all along I have been saying that I KNOW that this one is a boy. Well, last Thursday we went to the Dr. for our ultrasound and all of a sudden I started feeling nervous that they were going to tell me that it was a girl. Not that I cared. I would be so excited to have two little girls. The only thing I cared about was that the baby was healthy (of course) and that I didn't want to feel stupid after telling everyone that I KNEW that it was a boy.
So, when this picture showed up we were quite excited.
It is a BOY!!! This again is one of the only times that it is cool to show these types of pictures of your kids. :) This picture looks kind of weird because his head it right by his bum. If you look carefully, you can see right next to the word "boy" a little arrow that points to his "dinky". (That is what my family always called it) :) He was completely folded in half in just a little ball. The ultrasound tech had a really hard time seeing everything because he wouldn't move very much. He was so comfy all curled up. But, we were able to find the important things. His sex and the measurements showed that he was growing at a healthy pace. This next picture just showed his little footprint. This is the only limb that was streched out. What can I say? I make a comfy home for him!

So, we have to go back in about 5 weeks to get another ultrasound so that the tech can make sure that she sees all of the body parts. Hopefully he will cooperate a little bit more that time.
We are so excited to have a little boy join our family. It is quite weird right now to think about having anyone else other that Kennedi, but we are so happy. I am looking forward to watching her be such a great big sister.
We now have the task of coming up with a name. We are kinda struggling with the name, but thankfully we have 4 months to decide.
This pregnancy has been different than when I was pregnant with Kennedi. The first 12 weeks were pretty similar, so I thought that everything was going to just be the same. I was wrong. I got the usual "all day sickness" feeling and I would always feel like I needed to throw up. Also, my poor husband had to cook for himself the whole first 12 weeks. I couldn't handle smells. They were quite intense this time. I also never felt like eating. Well, I thought that as soon as 12 weeks hit this would all go away. But, it didn't. I still felt nausious a lot and if I didn't have something in my stomach that would usually cause me to dry heave. Not fun. That feeling has actually gone down a lot over the past few weeks and I have been feeling a lot better.
I am now 21 1/2 weeks along and things still feel different. I felt like at this time Kennedi was doing gymnastics inside of me, but this baby is a lot more mellow at this time. It was making me nervous but thankfully I had a doctors appointment last week and he reassured me that everything is fine and the baby is healthy.
So, all along I have been saying that I KNOW that this one is a boy. Well, last Thursday we went to the Dr. for our ultrasound and all of a sudden I started feeling nervous that they were going to tell me that it was a girl. Not that I cared. I would be so excited to have two little girls. The only thing I cared about was that the baby was healthy (of course) and that I didn't want to feel stupid after telling everyone that I KNEW that it was a boy.
So, when this picture showed up we were quite excited.

It is a BOY!!! This again is one of the only times that it is cool to show these types of pictures of your kids. :) This picture looks kind of weird because his head it right by his bum. If you look carefully, you can see right next to the word "boy" a little arrow that points to his "dinky". (That is what my family always called it) :) He was completely folded in half in just a little ball. The ultrasound tech had a really hard time seeing everything because he wouldn't move very much. He was so comfy all curled up. But, we were able to find the important things. His sex and the measurements showed that he was growing at a healthy pace. This next picture just showed his little footprint. This is the only limb that was streched out. What can I say? I make a comfy home for him!

So, we have to go back in about 5 weeks to get another ultrasound so that the tech can make sure that she sees all of the body parts. Hopefully he will cooperate a little bit more that time.
We are so excited to have a little boy join our family. It is quite weird right now to think about having anyone else other that Kennedi, but we are so happy. I am looking forward to watching her be such a great big sister.
We now have the task of coming up with a name. We are kinda struggling with the name, but thankfully we have 4 months to decide.
I also haven't posted any pics of my belly yet, well because for those of you that have seen me know that I don't really have one yet. It takes me forever to pop out. To me, I have a little one and maybe I will get Jerrod to take some photos of me later this week so that I can show you. People can't believe that I am 21 1/2 weeks when they see me. I guess I just have so much room in there for him!
Comments
I love your blog by the way, I found it through Shelbi's, hope you don't mind! :)