My Conference thoughts...


I loved, loved, loved conference this last weekend. To be honest, I have really been struggling with the fact that we weren't going to be able to hear from President Hinckley this time around. I was nervous that I would not have the same feelings for President Monson as I did with President Hinckley. I hate to say that, but I am wanting to be honest. I soon found out how wrong I would be.
Saturday morning was a neat experience to be able to stand during the Solemn Assembly and sustain our new prophet. There we were, all by ourselves in our living room, standing to sustain him. But, I knew in my heart that we were not the only ones standing "alone". We were standing with millions of others across the world sustaining our new prophet, Thomas S. Monson. Although it felt a little weird to be stading there in my pajamas, the spirit whispered to me that he in fact was a Propet of God. Being able to witness that was a great experience for me. It has not been often in my short life that I have been able to witness a Solemn Assembly where we sustain a new prophet. Throughout the rest of conference, I was excited to hear what we would be taught. I knew that there would really not be anything new, but being able to be taught by the Spirit is what I was craving. I enjoyed listening to these wonderful people speak to us. At the very end of conference, I once again had the Spirit witness to me that President Thomas S. Monson is our President and Prophet of the Church. I loved his sense of humor and felt of his immense spirit. I am so thankful to have a living Prophet today. I can feel my Heavenly Father's love for me when I hear him speak to us. Once again, I went away from conference with a desire to be better. I think that is why we have conference every six months. We all need that self-evaluation and push to be better.

Comments

traveltwin said…
i loved conference too! we watched it on the internet on byu tv. i felt the same way, when President Monson spoke at the sunday morning session i really saw him as a prophet and i felt a witness that he is chosen by God to lead the church now.

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years