Four Down...Only Three more to go Mom!!
On Thursday, June 5th, my sister Kristen graduated. It was a crazy thing to watch and think that 7 years ago, I graduated from high school. I always felt "older" than what I think of Kristen as being. Maybe it is because she is my "little sister".
It was a nice outdoor ceremony. The weather didn't seem like it was wanting to cooperate at first, but it came around and it turned out to be very nice. Not too hot and not too cold.
Here are a few pictures of her grad night.
Grandpa trying to keep Kennedi content during the ceremony.
Laurel and Kris
Me and Kris
Kristen and Devin (Lifelong friends)
Me and my good friend from high school, Jessica. We are both preggers!!
MY THOUGHTS ON THE PAST SEVEN YEARS
Looking at this last picture has made me realize how much my life really has changed in the past 7 years. As a Senior in high school, your life is a very selfish life. I thought that I knew everything and that I had things figured out. I worried too much about what my peers thought about me and therefore, I missed out on a lot of fun that I would have otherwise had. I was totally involved in an unhealthy relationship where family and friends were being ignored. I knew deep deep down inside who I was and who I wanted to become, but I just didn't live that way. I put on a facade of happiness when, in reality, I struggled to find the true joy that I was wanting so badly. Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of parts about high school that I really enjoyed. I LOVED playing basketball and being a part of the team, and I did have some great friends who I had a lot of fun with. There were some great memories that were made.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I am just thankful for the course that my life has taken and I am thankful to be where I am today.
Now, seven years later, at 25, I KNOW that I don't know everything, and that I don't have everything 100% figured out. I am constantly learning and growing and experiencing life. I am FINALLY at the point where I don't care about what my peers think of me. I do care about my friendships and strive to keep those nurtured, but as far as what random women or accquantances think about me or my appearance, I don't care.
I am now married to an amazing, wonderful man and our relationship is very healthy and happy. He has shown me what true love really is.
We have been blessed with a beautiful daughter, who is now 19 months old. She is the light of our lives. It is such a blessing to be a parent. There are no words to describe the feelings that come with having a baby. We are expecting the arrival of our first son in Aug/Sept. We are so excited to have another one of those special spirits enter our home.
My life has been blessed tremendously. I know that it is due to the fact that I changed my life and realized that I didn't like that girl 7 years ago. It didn't happen over night and it didn't happen all by myself. It took a few years and a lot of support from family and some very close friends for me to really figure out who Heidi Wyatt was and what she was going to become. It took a Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ for me to lean on in all aspects of my life. I am so thankful for them and their love for me.
I have gone through a lot in the past seven years. Some of those experiences have been life changing and I am thankful for that.
I am also grateful for a husband who saw my potential and never gave up on me when I was being a difficult girlfriend. He knew who I could become. I am grateful that he "waited" for me while I served those children in Ecuador for 4 1/2 months. That was definatly one of those life changing experiences. He still sees my potential and he helps me want to be better. He treats me like his queen. I hope that I do the same for him.
I now know what pure joy is. The only way to have those feelings of pure joy is to live the way our Heavenly Father wants us to live.
I am excited to see what the next 7 years will bring. Only this time, I am not in such a hurry to grow up. I want to take each day, month and year and live it to its fullest. I want to enjoy watching my children as they grow. And someday, I will watch them as they make the same transformations as I have made in life.








Comments