Big News in the Wyatt Family!!!
Well, the day has finally come. After waiting 22 years, my brother, Brent is witnessing his dream starting to come to life. On Friday, June 6, Brent received a call from the Detroit Tigers to let him know that he had been drafted. We had all been around the computer, watching the MLB draft, and waiting to see his name come up on the screen. Well, my parent's computer has a slight delay, so my brother first got a text from one of his buddys congratulating him. We were all kind of confused because we hadn't seen or heard anything yet, so we kept "refreshing" the page and on the 3rd refresh, there it was..."Detroit Tigers....Brent Wyatt....Round 26...793rd pick of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft." We all started screaming and yelling and we ran outside to tell Brent that he was now a Tiger. He had been outside on the phone with his buddy talking about it. Shortly after, he got a phone call from the Tigers letting him officially know that he was their pick. It was a very exciting time for all of us. We all got on our phones and started letting all of our friends and family know. Once Brent had a moment without phone calls, he tore off the Mariners shorts that he had on and said..."I can't wear these anymore! I am a Tiger!" It was pretty funny. He then started giving away his hats and other MLB appearal to his brother and sisters that he is no longer allowed to wear.
Brent is now in NY playing with his new Minor League team, the Oneonta Tigers. He will be there for the Summer living part of his dream. The other part, of course, will come true when he is playing on ESPN in a Major League game.
As Brent's older sister, I cannot tell you how proud of him I am. All of Brent's life, he has had huge support from many many people, who had faith in him to make it. Of course, he has had some doubters. I remember growing up and telling my friends that my brother was going to play professional baseball someday and they would just laugh at me. It would upset me but I never doubted my younger brother's ability or drive. I knew that he was special. The great thing about Brent is that he is not only an amazing baseball player, but he is also an amazing man. He has maintained his integrity and has always remembered who he was and where he came from. He loves his family more than anything and wants nothing more than to have his own family someday.
I could go on and on about my brother, but it would take way too long. I just want him to know that I love him and that I am so proud of him. 

Our hometown newspaper wrote an article on Brent last week. Here is the link if you would like to read it.
http://kvnews.com/articles/2008/06/12/sports/doc48503df96c29a624683247.txt
http://kvnews.com/articles/2008/06/12/sports/doc48503df96c29a624683247.txt
"Brother" (as we call him) and two proud sisters.
Saying Goodbye at the Airport. Off to live his dream...
Brent and Mikaela (his very supportive and loving girlfriend)
I love you Brother!!!
Uncle Brent and Kennedi
The Proud Momma!!






Comments