The Brower Terrible-Horrible-No-Good-Very-Bad-Day. + Some really funny photos.
One might ask:
What do you do when you are stuck in an airport with a 3 hour layover, with three kids 5 and under?
Besides going crazy, and being mad about all of the RUDE people in the world who have ZERO patience with your three kids, you may decide to whip out your small camera (hence the not-so-great quality) and let the kids play around with it.
And so, I give you our Denver layover photos:
The kids wanted to do a bunch of silly faces, so each of these has a theme attached to it.
SILLY
HAPPY
POWER
SAD
SURPRISED
PIRATES
MAD
SNAKES
MONKEYS
LIONS
I don't remember what this one was, but it is funny.
LOVING
SALUTING (or something like that. Kennedi didn't know why she wanted to do this. haha)
COOL
Kennedi took this one of me. I was going to delete it, but I thought it was too funny!
(I mean really, does my nose ned to look any bigger?!?!?!)
Yesterday really was a super hard day. It started right away when one of the kids got in the way of a person trying to get to the next United kiosk to check in. The lady that worked for United was rude and didn't ask kindly for Kennedi to move. She just told the guy very sternly to move ahead, and then gave me a really dirty look. From then on, I had a feeling that it was going to be a LONG day. Then we were stuck at the ticketing counter for an hour and trying to keep the kids still in a very small space. After that HOUR we hurried to our gate and had to go down two escalators where Kennedi and Kaden freaked out and were scared to go on them. Jerrod had Kohen in the stroller, I had two carry-ons, and Kennedi and Kaden each had a carry-on. They stood at the top of the escalator as I got on, thinking they were right behind me. I turned as I was now about 5 steps down and realized that they were still at the top. It looked like a Comedy movie. I then started to run up the stairs and they battled to keep going down. It was comical, but I made it. A KIND, SWEET lady then helped us and the kids the rest of the two flights of down. She really was the sweetest person to us. She even offered to help walk with us to our gate. If people just knew how much a small act of kindness meant to frustrated parents, this world would be a lot better place. If I would have gotten that help later in the day, I would have burst into tears.
The first flight went really well. The kids were great. They were having fun and excited. They were being kids. Towards the end, Kaden and Kohen started to get a little restless. I noticed that Kaden was messing with the tray table and it was bothering the man in front of him. I stopped it right away, and he didn't do it again. He was getting a little bit louder and a little bit more whiny, but it really wasn't "get-kicked-off-the-plane-worthy". It was just "I'm-a-three-year-old-and-am-having-a-hard-time-sitting-still-for-over-2-hours" kind of behavior. Kaden thought it was funny that I was having him keep his feet off the back of the seat and started laughing. I then noticed the man in front of him look back at me, and shake his head in disgust. Oh, that's right Sir, a little boy giggling is THE WORST possible thing that could happen.
Kohen started fussing just because he just wanted to get down and run. Again the look and shakes. Again, sir, he could get a lot worse, but fussing is really the better alternative here. I kept looking at Jerrod and he knew my look. I was not happy.
Jerrod switched places with me so that I could deal with Kohen and he could deal with Kaden. Kaden then started crying a bit more because he knew that Dad sitting by him meant trouble. When I sat in Jerrod's place, I could see a better view of the guy in front of me. When Kaden started getting upset, the two men looked at each other in disgust and shook their heads. I was about to get crazy on them. Let me say that Kaden cried for about ONE MINUTE. ONE. Not one hour. ONE MINUTE. Then he stopped. I was then sitting by Kennedi and she was playing with Kohen, laughing and giggling and making him happy for the rest of the flight. We had about 15 minutes left. Evey time Kennedi and Kohen would get a bit loud in their laughter, the other guy would shake his head. It was seriously making me SO angry. I kept trying to tell myself that I felt sorry for those men for having such hatred in their hearts. They don't really fully understand the love that children can bring into their lives. Maybe they do. Maybe they were just perfect kids that didn't speak, laugh or cry. Wow...what a boring life.
The layover, and next flight were long, and frustrating. People treat the airport like a Dr.s office. There is kind of this unspoken expectation that people are supposed to be silent. It is a very difficult place to be with three kids. My kids really could get much worse, but they didn't. They overall were good kids. The only thing that made it so difficult were the terrible looks that we were getting. It made it really hard. The Momma Bear in me wanted to come out and take out those people! Oh, I am glad that is over. Now 9 more days and we will get to do it again. hahaha. (That is all I really can do now, is laugh)
So, the moral of the story is: If you are ANYWHERE and you see a Mom, a Dad, or someone having a somewhat difficult time with small children, step in. Help out. They may decline, but it is ALWAYS appreciated. Oh, and don't say, "Wow. You have your hands full." And then walk away. Believe me, being in an airport with three kids is a great form of birthcontrol. I already know that I have my hands full. And you know what?? I think next time I get one of those looks at the airport, I am going to say, "You know what is even funnier???? I want ONE MORE BABY!" hahaha.
Okay, now I think I am done with this rant. In some strange way, now that it is all over, writing it down makes it more comical. I am glad that we took these photos. My kids make me laugh. They also make me cry sometimes, but most of all they make me laugh and smile. And I love them with every part of me.




















Comments
But don't stress out about it too much. It is what it is. There is no other way to get 1/2 way across the US with 3 kids in a timely manner... so everyone else can just suck it up for a few hours!