Six

6 years ago on April 23rd, 2005, I married my best friend.  I would have never guessed how much my life would be filled with this much JOY as we have taken this journey together.  
I knew that I was marrying an amazing man, but I didn't realize what an amazing father he would turn out to be.  He helped make my ultimate dream come true of becoming a mother.  6 years later, we have 3 beautiful children who we adore and love more than anything.  

I am grateful for our marriage and our relationship that we have today.  I love him more today than I did the day that I was sealed to him for time and all eternity.  
In December, when I was sick, he was able to lay his hands upon my head to give me a blessing through the power of the Priesthood.  Through the willingness of the Lord, he was able to heal me.  I will never forget those moments when I could feel his hands touching me as I laid in the hospital barely awake.  I knew that he was there.  I knew that he wouldn't leave my side.  I knew that if it was my time to go, that he would take good care of our children.  
Thankfully, Heavenly Father let us continue on this journey together.  
Our testimonies grew through that trial, and we grew closer together as well. 




I woke up the morning of our anniversary to breakfast and beautiful Gerbera Daisies on my table.  He knows that they are my favorite flower.  He wrote me a letter, and then wrote out an explanation of what each color meant and how that applies to me.  It was so thoughtful and sweet.  I loved reading his words to me.  He has a way with words...after all...that is how he got me to go on our first date!! 
Now, they are planted in my back yard.  

I am so thankful that I made the choices I did in my life so that I could be married to Jerrod.  He works so hard for us.  He really does all that he can to make us happy.
I can't wait to see what the rest of our life together has in store.  
I just know that as long as I have him in my life, I will be happy.  

Comments

Katie Tyler said…
*sigh*
That was sweet. I love the daisies too, I have always loved seeing them in your wedding photos!

congratulations- and looking forward to the blog post when you get to write "sixty"!
Katie said…
Happy Anniversary! You guys are awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years