Memory

You know how when you are in the moment and you hear your kids say something funny and you think, "I will NEVER forget that they said that."  

Well, Jerrod just asked me yesterday what Kaden's first word was and I can't remember.  So sad.  Maybe I wrote it somewhere in here a couple of years ago, but I don't really want to look right now.  

So, I am going to use this wonderful technology called a blog to help be my memory.  


Today Kennedi and Kaden were upstairs in their room playing.  I was cleaning up and over-heard Kennedi say, "Kaden, your guy is named Jerrod and my girl is named Heidi." 
They were playing "Heidi and Jerrod"!  It was so cute.  Kennedi was the little Mom who told "Jerrod" what she was doing and told him how to play with the kids.   It is so funny what kids pick up.

The kids LOVE to play "I Spy" in the car when we are driving.  Kennedi is pretty good and will always pick tricky ones.  Yesterday she said "I have a tricky one!  I spy something that we are on."  
I kept saying, "the road?  the seat?  the ground?"  She giggled and kept saying that it was tricky.  Finally it came to me.  "Is it the Earth?" 
"Yes!" She giggled with delight and said, "See Mom, I told you it was tricky!"
Kaden doesn't really get the whole "I Spy" concept just yet.  He tries to play with us and says things like, "I Spy something Rain!"  "I Spy something Trucks!" 
He is so fun and loves when he gets to play games like that with us.  

One more from "I Spy".  
On our way home from church yesterday I said, "I spy something beautiful!"  It could have really been anything.  Like the trees, the flowers, the sky, but nope...my very modest daughter yells, "ME!!!!"
The funny thing was is that she was right.  I was talking about her, but I just thought it was so funny that she said herself.  I am thankful that she thinks that she is beautiful because I think that is so important in a young girls' life.  

Now, here is a Laugh Out Loud, slap your knee funny story about Kaden...
Kaden is a 3 year old boy who is very aware of his...let's just say "Manparts" (thanks for the wording, Tyrell).  
A few weeks ago, I found him upstairs in his room with his diaper off and his pliers from his Handy Manny tool set pinching his 'thing'.  
I said, "Kaden!  What are you doing?????"
He said, "Mom, I am fixing my Dinkie!!!"  
I was laughing so hard I was crying!  
BOYS! 

Comments

lee said…
Bahahahahahaha!!! Ok, I'm 7cm, 25+ hours of labor, and that was JUST what I needed to read :) Lol, I can't believe I'm about to have a boy.... Good thing I have you for advice :D
Katie said…
love, LOVE that he was fixin' his dinkie!! HILARIOUS!! i love that blogs help us remember things...like the time spencer was toilet training and he asked me to "help push his donger lily down." bahaha..gotta love boys!
Delee said…
Thanks for the laughs, Heidi! And for having such cute kids!

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years