Thanksgiving '09
I guess I should blog about Thanksgiving before Christmas happens. This year we were able to spend Thanksgiving with all of my family. It is always so much fun to be at home with all of my siblings. The fun and laughter never stops, and I am mostly the brunt of everyone's jokes. I guess that is what I get for being the oldest. I just think of it as a form of flattery!
Laurel, Kristen, Jerrod and I decided to wake up early Thanksgiving morning to run a 5k in Mattawa, WA. My cousin puts on the run to benefit feeding the hungry. We wanted to show our support. I was really proud of all of us. Although I have been running for over a year now, my sister, Kristen, beat me. I was proud of her. I think she beat me by a solid 2 minutes! She is in great shape. But really, I was proud of her. I know that some of you are probably thinking that I hated the fact that she beat me, but I really am not. I thought that I was a pretty good runner, but she was awesome! Good job, Sis!
I was also VERY proud of Jerrod. This was his first 5k run since he was about 13. So, he was able to finish without stopping. He did so great.
Laurel came in right about the same time that Jerrod did. She has been recovering from knee surgery and is not a runner, but she also did great. I think that race proved to her how much she really does hate running though. :(
I was also VERY proud of Jerrod. This was his first 5k run since he was about 13. So, he was able to finish without stopping. He did so great.
Laurel came in right about the same time that Jerrod did. She has been recovering from knee surgery and is not a runner, but she also did great. I think that race proved to her how much she really does hate running though. :(
Later that day, we enjoyed a great Thanksgiving meal and spent time together.
Kaden digging into his "real" first thanksgiving meal.
I had to get this photo beacuse this is a real rarity in my family. Brent is actually doing the dishes. Oh, he did it with much whining and complaints, but eventually got in there. I can't wait until he gets put to more good use during Christmas. And he better, or
I might just hit him again. (That's another story!)
The next morning, Jerrod, my mom, Laurel, and I all got up EARLY to go shopping in Ellensburg. If you know Ellensburg, you know we had to get up early to be in line for Fred Meyer. haha. Actually, we had so much fun. We didn't want to go all the way to Yakima, so we made the most of our experience in Ellensburg. It was Mom's first time experiencing Black Friday and although it was on a MUCH smaller scale than other places, I think she had fun.










Comments