Sights of a Brower Christmas
This was one of my favorite Christmas' so far. It was the first time we did our own little family thing Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. We loved being able to start our own family traditions. We made a yummy dinner and enjoyed being together. As we went to sleep Christmas Eve night, Jerrod said how not too long ago, he was a little boy anticipating Christmas morning, not being able to sleep. Now, he is a Daddy, anticipating Christmas morning because he couldn't wait to watch his kids. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep that night.
We took a lot of photos...of course. We don't have many of the kids opening gifts because we were video taping instead. But, here is what our Christmas looked like in the year 2009.
Our Kitty. She wasn't too thrilled about the hat.
Making Christmas cookies!
Christmas Eve
We spent Christmas Eve eating yummy food and spending time together. We started a new tradition of "Skyping" Jerrod's family who live in OK and KS. We opened the gifts that they sent us and they opened the gifts that we sent them. It was so fun to watch eachother. I am so thankful for technology and that we are able to be so connected with family members in that way when we are not able to actually be there with them.
Kennedi enjoyed drinking her juice out of our special Christmas glasses.

Kaden loves using utensils, so he was excited when he figured out he could use his fork to eat his roll.
Jerrod made a delicious NY strip roast.

Our Nativity is almost complete. One more year left. We have spent the past 4 years collecting all of the items for our Nativity. I think it is so beautiful. We loved teaching Kennedi about Christ's birth this year.
Christmas Morning
We woke up Christmas morning at 5:30 am. Jerrod and I both got up and showered so that we could be all ready to go. We wanted to be at my parents house around 10 am, so we needed to be up early. We got the kids up around 6:30. They were excited to see their new kitchen. Kennedi loved opening gifts. Kaden really didn't care all that much. He enjoyed a few of them, but I think got bored after a while.
We got to my parents house around 10 am, just in time for breakfast.
After breakfast, we all sat down to open gifts. It was SO much fun having my whole family there. I love being with my family.

This year, we made everyone their own blankets. I think they liked them, as you can see the look on Laurel's face.

And, here is Kristen modeling how soft and cozy they are.

I had to get these next two photos just to show how funny my dad is. He got my mom a papaya for Christmas. He also got her some King Crab legs and a food dehydrator. He is kind of random, but we all love him!

And this one is my dad just being my dad again. My mom used this tube to wrap a dried floral arrangement that she made for my Grandma, and my dad thought it would be funny to put it on his head. I wanted to take this picture just in case he got his head stuck. He didn't. But I think it was close.
My mom got the kids this fun tent with a tube. Kylie and Kennedi played in it all weekend.

Kaden has a hard time going with other people, but every once in a while, he will be just fine if he doesn't see me. I love this picture of him and Uncle Brent.

Kaden has a hard time going with other people, but every once in a while, he will be just fine if he doesn't see me. I love this picture of him and Uncle Brent.

Overall, this Christmas was a great one. I am so thankful for everything that we are blessed with. I am mostly grateful for the knowledge that I have of why we celebrate Christmas in the first place. I am thankful for Him, who was born that day in a manger. For He is the reason that I have everything that I have.





















Comments