Where are you 4?
Yup, that is right...I have lost FOUR pounds. And, to be perfectly honest, it absolutely fascinates me that the 4 lbs just vanishes. I have never understood that. I know that there is a clear explanation that I had to have learned about the TWO times that I took Anatomy and Physiology, but I still don't get it. I mean, I have definitely been working hard at eating better, and exercising/training for my 8k in September, so it really didn't just "vanish" per-se.
Needless to say, I am proud of myself. My clothes are fitting better and I have just been feeling better overall. Except for that one night I got a Migraine, and then the next day I felt like crap. Yeah, that wasn't so fun. But this morning, I got up, determined to run. I ran 3.2 miles and it felt great. I am slowly working my way back up there and I am excited for the day that I can run 8-10 miles no problem. I have been reading a book about running, and it really has helped me to realize that running is such an individual sport. It isn't like when I was on the basketball court and I was counting on others, or constantly being compared to others. My running is MY sport. I don't have to run faster than everyone else. I am not "racing" anyone. I am just bettering myself. It is fun to push myself and to watch my body transform into something that I never thought it could be. I have grown to love running and I am so thankful for my body that I am able to use it in this way.
My big goal for now is to run a half-marathon someday. Hopefully before my next baby comes. (No, that does not mean that I am pregnant) For now, I am signing up for 5, 8 and 10k's to push myself to constantly train and be better.
The other day when I was out running, I ran by this old woman who had to be in her 70's. She was in great shape and was running in her shorts and sports bra. I said to her as I ran by her, "I want to be like you when I get older." She just chuckled and said, "thanks." Then I said, "Running for life...that is what I want to do. You're awesome." Then she said, "thanks. I am running for life...literally!" Maybe I won't be 70 running in my sports bra and shorts, but I would love to still be running. She was an inspiration.
Comments