"Grandmother - a wonderful mother with lots of practice." - Author Unknown

On July 22nd, my mom came to visit us in Texas. This had been the longest since she had gone without seeing her "babies", so needless to say she was more than excited to come visit. We had a week filled with lots of fun things to do. We went to the park, did some shopping, went to Sea World, played games, and just hung out. It was fun to just be with my mom. I loved it. Kennedi LOVES her Grandma, so it was a lot of fun for her too. Kaden, on the other hand, is still a bit of a Momma's boy, and didn't want to have a whole lot to do with Grandma. Don't worry, Mom...he will get there. He did warm up to her a few times, but mostly just wanted me. I should also add that he was sick most of the time that my mom was here, so that played a big part in that.

Here are some pictures that shows just how much fun we had.


ZILKER PARK

At Zilker Park, there was a natural water area where people swam. We went down there to let the kids play in the water for a bit. They had a lot of fun.



Kaden doing what he does best: Splashing.





JOE'S CRAB SHACK
My mom and I LOVE crab. So, we thought it would be fun to go to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner one night. It was so yummy.


SEA WORLD, SAN ANTONIO






We were able to cool off at the water park part of Sea World. I love this photo of Kennedi.


DOING FUN THINGS WITH GRANDMA

Play Dough

Making cookies!

Attempting to put a puzzle together. Every time Grandma would get a piece put together, Kaden would take it apart!


Grandma bought her kids some fun jammies while she was here.

This is the last day with her. We had so much fun!


My mom really is the greatest grandma out there. I really didn't think that any one would compare to my Grandmas but she is the greatest Grandma my kids could ever ask for. My mom's dream is to have a big house so that all of her grandkids could come over all at once. She is going to have a lot of grandkids, so we will see how that goes! For now, my kids are the lucky ones who get her all to their self. Someday my siblings will have babies, but for now, we we get her!

I am so thankful that she was able to come out to visit. It came at a time that I really needed MY Mommy. I am grateful that she is not only my mom, but one of my best friends. We had so much fun together.

"It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace." ~Christopher Morley

Comments

Sabin Family said…
Those are two lucky kiddos to have such a great Grandma! I couldn't imagine being that far away from my Mommy, so I completely understand when you said "I needed my mommy!" Looks like you had a ton of fun when she came to visit! Not to much longer and you'll all be reunited!
Katie Tyler said…
who doesn't love your mom?!
PS you are such a hottie!!

Popular posts from this blog

A VERY Significant Day

12

Kaden Wyatt Brower