Dear Kaden

My Dear Kaden,
Why do you feel it necessary to wake up almost every morning at 7 am? I think that if I put you to bed at 9 pm, you would still wake up at 7. Mommy is tired. Oh, and I like to sleep. When I do get up that early, it is to work out. But, that still isn't convenient for me because I don't want to wake your Daddy up to watch you, while I work out. (You see, your Daddy works very hard in the 100 degree heat all day, everyday. I think he deserves to sleep in a little bit)
BUT, for some reason, EVERY time I get up and get you, I can't help but smile as I see you standing, and bouncing in your crib with a huge smile on your face as you see me. I think it is one of those parenting miracles that I can't explain. How can I be mad at you precious little face? I CAN'T. When I see your smile, you brighten my morning, like the sun shining through my window. This phenomenon amazes me. It happened even when you would wake up 2 or 3 times in the night to eat. Your precious little face made all of that lack of sleep so worth it for me.
Don't worry, your sister did the same thing to me. And, I am positive that your other brothers and sisters will also enjoy waking us up early. For now, I guess that is okay. And, remember my dear, I would wake up! So, when you are older, and angry at your mother for waking YOU up early for seminary, or school, or just anything, REMEMBER that I smiled as I woke up for you. You can smile and get all happy when you see my smiling face filling your room with sunshine! I love you Bug!!

Love Mommy

Comments

Paxton said…
What a great senitment. You are such a great mother!
Delee said…
So cute, Heidi. I can't wait to see his cute little face either. Only two months left, right???
Katie Tyler said…
soooo sweet! I don't have much sympathy, because Riley has been waking up at 7 too! But at least Blake goes down at 6, and Riley at 7pm.. so the nights are mine- even if the mornings aren't! MISS YOU
kelsey said…
You are such a nice mommy!

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years