Kennedi Says

The older Kennedi gets, the funnier she gets. She has us laughing all the time. I wanted to write down a few of the things that she says or has said.
Her favorite phrases are:
WOWIE -(for owie)
I DON'T WANT TO!
NO WAY!
--One morning, Jerrod told her that if she got up from her breakfast one more time that he was going to throw her food in the garbage. She looked at him with a scowl on her face and yelled, "THAT'S NOT FAIR!" We started laughing so hard. Since then she has said that a couple of more times.
--Kennedi loves taking pictures with my phone, so one day at lunch, she grabbed my phone, pointed it to her Macaroni and Cheese, and said, "SAY CHEESE, MACARONI!" It was hilarious. She couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard.
--I try to teach her to say the word "tooted" instead of the other, but she thinks that it is so funny to say and she even says it with somewhat of an accent. So, when she says "I farted" it is spoken very gracefully. So funny.
--When she asks for a treat, and she knows that she is pushing it because she has already had some, or it is not time for one, she will hold out her hand as I give it to her and proudly exclaim, "THAT'S ENOUGH! JUST A LITTLE BIT!" I just agree and say, "okay, sounds good."
I love that she puts limits to herself.
--One day, I didn't see her hit Kaden, but I did hear him cry. I looked over at them and Kennedi started going into the bedroom. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "TIME OUT". I couldn't help but laugh. She put herself into time-out! hahaha.
--Sometimes I say "Oh Flip" instead of the alternative and I have learned that Kennedi's precious little ears are listening to every word I say. The other day I was in the bedroom with her and I had my back turned. Then all of a sudden I heard her say "OH FLIP!" I turned around and asked, "What did you just say?" She said "Mom, I hit my head on the dresser!"
--This one makes me sad. As you all know, we are temporarily in Texas for the Summer. Well, every once in a while, Kennedi will tell us, "Mom, I can't find my home. It is in Washington." She says "Washington" so well, but it is sad to me that she knows that we aren't at "home" right now. I still think that she is doing okay adjusting to everything.
--She LOVES friends. Whenever we are at the pool or around other kids, she flocks to them and proudly exclaims to me, "Mom, these are my new friends!" Hopefully this will stay with her as she gets older so she won't be shy.
--She also loves to sing and dance. Her favorite songs are "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Baby Bumblebee", "No More Monkey's Jumping on the Bed", "ABC's", "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam", and "I am a Child of God". I just love her sweet little voice.
--She says her prayers beautifully. She always says "Thank Thee for Mommy, Daddy, Brother, Kitty." Then in the middle of her prayer she will say, "What's more words?" We then help her and she closes all by herself.
I think this covers most of it for now. I am glad that I finally wrote it down. She cracks us up so much and I am so afraid that I will forget all of these funny, cute things that she says. I am sure that there will be many more of these entries to come!!
Comments