"By Sea or Air OR-LANDO"
First of all, I have to give credit to the name of my blog to the Ellen Degeneres show. It is a game that they play to win a trip to Orlando, FL. Well, I liked the name, so I am using it. Thanks Ellen!
Second, most of you already know that we have temporarily relocated for the summer to Orlando, Florida! We made some pretty big decisions on what to do and where to go this summer for Jerrod's sales job. And, after much thought and prayer, we decided that going to Orlando was the best all-around decision for our family. Jerrod was able to get a leave-of-absence from Boeing, so that has been a huge blessing. He is working for Pinnacle as an alarm consultant. We left our friends and family back in Washington, but only with promises that we will return!
We arrived to Orlando on April 7th, 2009. We flew and shipped our car out with all of our stuff in it. We moved into a small one bedroom apartment. This summer we are learning to live minimal. The apartment is furnished and has AC. We are here with some very good friends of ours from college, so that has been a lot of fun. The first few days we didn't have our car yet, so we didn't really get to do a whole lot. We mostly just enjoyed being here in the amazing weather!
Since we have been here we have just been to Downtown Disney and Cocoa Beach. I have loved being here. I love that we get to wear our summer clothes and not freeze every time we step outside.

While Jerrod is out working hard for our family, me and the kids enjoy our time at the pool or inside our air conditioned apartment. I feel guilty a lot knowing that Jerrod is working his butt off while I am just staying at home being a mom. But, he enjoys his job and tells me over and over again that he couldn't do my job.
We have been able to do some fun things so far, but I can't wait until we get to go to Disney World. I am excited to post some fun pictures from this summer!
Comments