Halloween, A Birthday Party and a Blessing

What a CRAZY but fun-filled weekend!! I am now trying to re-coup after it all!

A BOOMER SOONER HALLOWEEN!!!


For those of you who don't know my husband, you are about to learn something big about him...he is a HUGE Oklahoma Sooner fan. He was born and raised in Tulsa, OK, so he is literally born with OU crimson blood. Before I met Jerrod I didn't fully understand how much football is loved in the south. Now, I know. And, it is college football at that. If you someday happen to go to Oklahoma, you will see a bunch of OU or OSU colors, t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, shoes, pj's, ...etc. (The list really goes on and on) It really has been a whole new experience for me and my family to know someone who loves a team as much as Jerrod loves his OU team. Actually in the past 3 1/2 years that we have been married, I must admit that I am now an OU fan as well. SO, Here we are in Puyallup, WA as Oklahoma Sooner fans and we love it.

For Halloween, I decided that I wanted to save some money this year and have Kennedi just wear her OU cheer uniform that her Grandpa Mitch got her. Then, I decided that I would make Kaden into a football. Then, it all morphed into us being this OU football family. Jerrod dressed up for work last week as the OU football coach. (Bob Stoops...watch out!)
And, I decided that I would just be an OU Fanatic. I wore our OU gear and wore our OU flag (yes...we have a flag that hangs outside our house) on my back as a cape. It was SO MUCH FUN! We went trick-or-treating with my mom and sister and everyone loved our ensamble. This Halloween has been my favorite thus far.
Kylie, and Kennedi playing in the pumpkin goo

Auntie Kylie and the kids

The only purchase we made for this ensamble was Kaden's costume materials. Other than that...we actually own all of the OU gear!!



Don't call CPS on us!! He didn't really kick him! haha


Grandma and Grandpa came over to help us celebrate Halloween!



He was sleeping most of the time we were trick-or-treating.


KENNEDI'S BIRTHDAY PARTY #1

Saturday afternoon we celebrated Kennedi's birthday with a few of her little friends and some family. It was kinda hectic but I think that she had fun. She was excited about the balloons and decorations. Towards the end of the party, she seemed somewhat overwhelmed by everything, so she started to get clingy and not really wanting to do anything. When she started opening her gifts, it put her in a better mood. She was so happy about her babies! Jerrod and I really enjoy throwing parties, so it was fun for us. We enjoyed having family and friends here to help celebrate Kennedi's birthday.



Here she is deciding that everything is a bit much for her. This was right before she opened presents.



Now she is in a better mood. She got very excited by her new babies and everything else she got.


Shelley Peterson made this darling purse for her with dora pj's and slippers. She also knows how much Kennedi loves rocks, so she brought back a rock from Forks, WA to give to her. Kennedi was SO excited about the rock! If you look, you can see her holding it by her head to show us.


Kennedi would not sit in her high chair while we sang to her. She at least knew how to blow out her own candle!


This is only part of us! The kids were back and forth playing in the play room.

KADEN'S BLESSING
Sunday we blessed Kaden in church. Jerrod gave him a wonderful blessing. It was very special and the Spirit was very strong. I felt very strongly that Heavenly Father blessed us with a very special little spirit. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a mother and to raise these children. I know that it is my Divine Nature to be a mother and I am so grateful for that knowledge. It helps on those days where I feel inadequate to take care of such special children of our Heavenly Fathers.
Part of us...Kennedi was sleeping while we took these pictures and I wasn't about to wake her up. (She wouldn't have been happy!)

Jonathan Tyler, my Dad and Brother Brent helped out in the blessing circle. It was neat to have good friends and family there to support us.


Grandpa and his first grandson. My Dad loves being a grandpa!



One of my best friends, Katie Tyler. Her kids are just both about 6 weeks older than my kids. (I guess I like to copy her or something.) We have a lot of fun together. I just love her!

Uncle Brent and Kaden

KENNEDI'S BIRTHDAY PARTY #2 AND KADEN'S BLESSING CELEBRATION
Sunday after church, we had a Linner (lunch/dinner) with some of my mom's side of the family and the Tylers.
We ate soup and salad and just celebrated our children. It was again kind of hectic, but so much fun. I am thankful that everyone came to support us. It really meant a lot to Jerrod and me.


This is the second giant cupcake that I made. I actually liked this one a lot more. I made the correct frosting this time, so it was easier to decorate.



Kennedi opening gifts with help from Grandma and Auntie Kylie



Jerrod and I bought her a new table and chairs. Jerrod spent a good part of the week staining it and getting it all ready for her. He did a great job and Kennedi loves her new table.

GG (great-grandma) and Kaden.
Grandma and her baby boy.

Comments

Linsey F said…
Looks like you had a busy weekend!! Your kids are beautiful. I love the fall leaves too...so pretty...you know Yuma...we are just lucky to have trees!
Anonymous said…
Wow!! What a weekend you had - but it really looks like you all had a lot of fun. Here in DK we don't really celebrate Halloween that much - we have started to carve pumpkins and decorate a little, but not a lot of trick or trating going on...yet at least. As with some other American traditions it will probably come to us...Valentines Day... ;o) Take care of yourself and your family. Love, Stine
Pogue Fam said…
Well Heidi, you do throw a great party :) I think I will hire you for the next one we have haha! Glad it all went well for you! Now take a break!
Katie said…
Ahh, the Sooners! Who could ever forget Jerrod's love for OU football? And I love, love, love YOUR OUTFITS! You guys are so adorable!
Kellee said…
What a fun-packed weekend! I love your family costumes. How did you come up with all that?

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years