A FIRST FOR ME

Printelect---I-Voted-Today.gif


Today I did something that I have never done before....I voted.  

Last major election, I was in Ecuador, so I didn't get the chance to vote.  I actually didn't really feel that it was that important then.  I have actually been very excited to vote this year.  I do live in a very democratic state, and some may say that my vote doesn't matter.  I can't help but feel that in some way my one vote is making a difference.  Just being able to declare my vote for who I want to lead our country and state makes me feel like as a citizen of the United States that I have a say.  Our state more than likely will go Democratic, but I voted my way and I feel good about it.  

I also couldn't help but feel how important this election is.  I looked at my children and thought about how they are going to grow up in this scary world.  I am so thankful that I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ to follow and to help me be a good parent.  I am thankful that my children will also grow up with the knowledge of the Gospel to help them.  The world is scary and ever-changing, but the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not.  That must be the foundation of our homes.  


I called Jerrod today and told him that he should answer the phone by saying "happy election day".  He said that it wasn't a happy election day because he is sure that Obama will win.  And, he may.  

But at least two things good came out of today...I voted, and I got a free Krispy Kreme donut for doing so!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A VERY Significant Day

12

Kaden Wyatt Brower