Japanese Dinner and Jerrod's Party

Well, the Summer is winding down. And as much as I hate to see the nice weather go soon, I am SO HAPPY that Jerrod will be home and done with APX for a while. He has been working so hard with this second job and it has definately been worth it, but it has been very hard to be without him so much. These last two weeks, he has been in Yakima (which is about 30 min away from my hometown) selling alarms. Last week, I stayed with my family so that I wouldn't be alone. Last Sunday, the 10th, was Jerrod's 28th birthday! We decided to surprise him and throw him a little party on Thursday the 7th. My mom and brother, Michael, just returned home from Japan a few days before that and Mom already had plans to make us an authentic Japanese dinner. It just worked out that Jerrod was able to be home with us for it.
Mom and I made potstickers and other fun stuff. It was a feast without American utensils. ONLY chopsticks were allowed! It was a lot of fun and actually really good. I usually am not a fan of asian food, but the potstickers were so yummy!! Here are a few photos of the feast.



Kennedi made up her own way of using the chopsticks. She just poked her food. She loved playing with them!

Kennedi and Kylie both attempting to use their chopsticks!

The Feast!!


After dinner we celebrated Jerrod's birthday with cake and gifts. I was excited about his birthday because I finally felt like I surprised him with the little celebration and gifts. He has been wanting a Playstation 3 for a long time, but we haven't actually wanted to throw down the $400 + for it. Well, Jerrod has been working so hard this Summer, so I decided that it was time that he get a little something for himself. So, I went and bought it and my sweet little brothers bought him the NCAA Football game that he had wanted. We first had him open the game and then we brought out the PS3. It was fun to see Jerrod excited about it.

Here we are lighting all those candles!! Kennedi and I had to blow them out for Jerrod because he was getting over a cold and didn't want to get germs all over the cake!
And, here is Jerrod pretending that he is blowing out the candles for picture purposes!!

Can't you just see the excitement!?!?
Well, I hope that he enjoyed his little party. I am sure that he will enjoy his new PS3 as soon as the summer is over!

Comments

calawayfamily said…
I hope he does enjoy it we have one and there a blast see ya!!!-derek

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years