Our Little "Missy"

Kennedi just turned 18 months old, so I wanted to share a little bit about her. She is a funny, funny girl, who is becoming more and more independant. It is so crazy how fast this time has flown. I have been SO excited for her to be old enough to go into the Nursery at church. Sending her in there the first day was wonderful and emotional all at the same time. She did GREAT in there. She just walked right in and did her thing like she had been there for years. When I picked her up at the end of church, she was crying because we had to leave! But, she was SO excited to show me her art work. I displayed it proudly on the fridge, and Kennedi often walks by there and says "Mom!!" with a very proud look on her face, like, "look what I did!!" I couldn't help but think of how fast my little "baby" is not a baby anymore...she is growing into this darling little girl.
"Where is Kennedi??!!"
There she is!!
Kennedi is also very smart. She loves looking through books and having us ask her where certain things are. Sometimes, she takes her time and just looks around on the pages to find that one item, and most of the time she gets it right. She also loves to repeat words back to us. She has a pretty good vocabulary, and some phrases that she says everyday.
Her most often used phrases are, "here ya go", "okay", and "whats that?"
She also really only says "Mom." Not Mommy, or mamma, just "Mom" And, she says "mom" all the time. It is a constant thing. Most of the time, there really isn't a reason for it, she is just saying it to make sure that I am paying attention to her.
She also knows most of her main body parts and loves for us to ask her so that she can point to them. Whenever we ask where her baby brother is, she lifts up my shirt and points to my belly.
Here she is showing us her cheeks and tongue.
I kindof made the mistake of putting the bobby pin in my mouth, so she wanted it in her mouth. (I normally don't allow her to put random things in her mouth!)
Kennedi also has found a love for Little Einsteins. That really is the only show that she sits through and watches. She calls is "pat, pat" (if you have seen it, then you understand why) I usually treat her to an episode a day and she gets SO excited. Then throughout the day she will just say, "Mom...pat, pat." and that means that she wants me to play "pat, pat" with her. We just pat our legs and say "blast off!" She LOVES it.
She is also a girl of many faces, as you can see in the photos. She is very animated and you quite often know what she is thinking by her faces. My favorite face at the moment is the one that just screams excitement because she opens her mouth so big and her eyes get so wide. It is wonderful to see her get so excited about the smallest things. It helps me to appreciate the little things in life.
She is so very in love with her kitty. She always wants to be holding her or loving her. And, most of the time, Tigi will let her get away with it. She is a great cat. This is not the first time I have found them sharing food!
When Kennedi was a new born, all that she did was snack. A little here, a little there, and naps in between. I never knew that it would continue on! Kennedi loves to snack. She can have the biggest breakfast and seem so full, but within 30 min of eating a meal, she runs right over to the pantry and wants to find something to snack on. Her favorites are crackers and granola bars. She can't open the door herself, so she will just stand there and yell "mom" until I get there to help her get what she wants. She also LOVES strawberries. Throughout this pregnancy I have eaten so many strawberries. I am so excited that they are on sale because we can go through 4 lbs in about 3-4 days. Kennedi and I will just sit and snack on strawberries.
Kennedi saying "please" in sign language.
She also says "Thank you", "more" and "milk"
She also says "Thank you", "more" and "milk"
This is how she nows comes down the stairs. She just slides from step to step on her bum.
She already has what we would call a shoe fetish. She loves her shoes and she loves putting on my shoes and tries to walk around with them. Let's just hope that this shoe fetish thing doesn't carry on throughout her life while she is young!! :)
Even when she is crying, she is still cute as ever.
One of my absolute favorite things about her is her curly hair. It just goes into ringlets in the back. I hope that it stays this way.
There is so much more that I can say about her, but I will save it for another time. It has just been so much fun to see her grow into this little girl. She has her days, but most of the time she is an absolute joy to be around.














Comments