Mother's Day + My Thoughts

First of all, I hope that you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I also want my mom to know how much I love and appreciate her. I know that becoming a mother myself has made me love and appreciate her in more ways than I ever expected. And, I know that that will only continue to grow as I have more children.

I actually was able to spend a few days with my family last week. It was fun to just go "home" for a few days. I love spending time with my mom. She really is one of my best friends and I love our relationship. We don't ever want to get anything done because we would rather just sit around in our jammies all day and talk, laugh and eat. It has also been so much fun watching her become a grandma. She is the greatest grandma to Kennedi. I say that because I have the greatest grandmas! Which brings me to my next point...

Last summer we had a good friend get married. He stated in his Facebook account that he married the most amazing girl in the whole world. That made me think....Isn't it wonderful that we all have our own "most amazing person"? Whether it be a mom, dad, child, sibling, relative or spouse? It is wonderful to think that we are someone's most amazing person. I am so thankful for this concept. To me, My husband is the most amazing, loving, wonderful person in the whole world! And, I know that he feels the same way about me. And, We have the most amazing, beautiful, smartest daughter in the whole world! But, that is okay for us to think that! And, most people have those type of people in their lives! Heavenly Father wants it to be that way! So, even though my most amazing people aren't your most amazing people, it is great to know that we all have them and feel that way about them. I hope you all just understood my ramblings, but I truly think that is a very cool concept to think about.

SO, with that, I am thankful for my Mommy. She is the Best mom in the whole wide world, because she is MY mom!

And, I am thankful for Jerrod's Mom. He would not be the man that he is today without her. She has a huge heart and I know that Jerrod definatly got that from his mother. She is also an amazing grandma to Kennedi. I wish that we were able to see her more often because the love that she has for Kennedi just radiates.

I could go on and on about these two fabulous women, but there isn't the time in the world for me to say enough about how much I love and appreciate them.

I truly believe that because I had such a wonderful mother, and many other mothers who influenced me over the years, I am the woman and mother that I am today.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a mother. It is the greatest gift besides the Atonement that our Heavenly Father has given us. Sometimes days are so hard, but it is so worth it.

My Mother's Day was wonderful. We slept in (which doesn't happen a whole lot) and then we got up and had a quick breakfast before church. Kennedi gave me a card which was so cute. I loved it and she was so excited to give it to me. Jerrod told me that when they went to pick it out that they picked out 5 and then layed all of them out on the ground and then Kennedi went through and picked out the one that she wanted. So, it really was from her!
After church, I picked her up from nursery and she gave me Mother's Day gift. It was her handprint on a tile. It was so cute. She was once again very proud of her work. I had to try and hold back the tears! It is hard to see in this picture, but it is there. I couldn't get her to stand still with me while we took this picture because she just wanted to draw on the ground with sidewalk chalk. So, she doesn't look the cutest in this picture. She is frusterated at us.
I am so blessed to be a mother. I am thankful for my husband. Without him, none of this would be possible. I am so excited for this new little boy to join our family. It is going to be interesting to see the dynamics change a bit. Kennedi is going to be a great big sister.
Well, I hope that you all had a great mothers day. For those of you who helped shape my life, (and you know who you are) thank you. I love and appreciate you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years