Back Tracking...
These past two months have been some of the hardest of my life, but it has also brought me a lot of joy and learning. I haven't written since before Kohen was born, so I need to back track a few weeks so that I can get caught up to what is going on now.
The weekend after we went to the Pumpkin Patch, I started to feel pretty crappy again. Monday, October 18th I was in a lot of pain and felt a lot of pressure on my bladder, and I noticed that there was blood in my urine again. I went about my regular day, trying to get through it all. On Tuesday, the 19th, I was feeling even worse. I had to take Kaden to an ultrasound appointment, (oddly enough for his kidneys) and when I returned from that, it was so unbearable that I had to go see my Dr. right away.
Have I ever told you how amazing my Dr. is? Well, he is. He has always told me that if I ever needed to come see him that I just needed to drive there and see him. He always makes time for his pregnant patients and sick kiddos. So, I called to let them know that I was on my way in and they got me in right away.
I sat there and just cried as I told him how much pain and discomfort I was in. I could tell that he just felt so bad for me. He thought that maybe I had developed a bladder infection as well and prescribed me an antibiotic, pain meds, and a bladder relaxer. We then talked about different options with maybe having Kohen a little early, and I planned to see him again in about a week.
The bladder relaxer didn't really help at all and I was still in so much pain. I could hardly walk and it was so hard. Thankfully I have AMAZING (complete understatement) visiting teachers, and my kids were taken care of everyday from 9-3:30. It was very hard to basically be on bed-rest and not be able to do anything.
I had another appointment with my Dr. on October 26th, and because I was still in so much pain, he decided that he could induce me that weekend....IF....I passed an amniocentesis. An amnio is a test that they do to see if the baby's lungs are developed. Because I would only be 37 weeks, we had to be able to prove it before the hospital would deliver me. He scheduled me for an appointment the next day but I had to go see the OBGYN that would perform the test later that day. He also threw another bomb on me. He was afraid that Kohen would be addicted to the pain meds that I had been on for the past couple of weeks, so I needed to stop taking those all together. He said that if the baby came out with a dependancy that it would cause a whole other mess of problems where CPS would legally have to be called and a bunch of other crap. I was pretty upset about the whole issue, but my Dr. was confident that if I stopped taking the meds that he would be fine by the time we would deliver him.
I went into see the OBGYN later that day and we talked about the procedure that would be taking place the next day. He also talked to me about the possibility of the test coming back negative. He asked if I would be willing to wait another week to make sure that the baby's lungs were developed. I was extremely emotional, but of course, said that I would be willing to wait. I wasn't going to risk having him be on machines to help him breathe.
I went in the next day for my test. Katie Tyler went with me for support. Jerrod had to work so that he could be home when the baby came. It was kind of a scary procedure, but I got through it. I just kept my eyes closed the whole time and tried to focus on something else. They used an ultrasound machine to know exactly where they were going to stick the needle inside to draw out amniotic fluid. It was the weirdest feeling. They numbed the outside of my belly, but I could actually feel the needle going inside my uterus. He told me that he would have the results the next day.
Through this whole thing, my Dr. seemed pretty confident that the results would come back positive and we would be able to have a baby Halloween weekend. I wasn't so sure, on the other hand. I don't know if it was because I just didn't want to get my hopes up, or if it was the Spirit just letting me know that it wasn't time. I just felt that it wasn't going to work out how I wanted it to. So, when he called me Thursday evening to tell me that the test came back negative, I somehow just knew. Oh, I still cried and got upset. I didn't know if I could mentally, physically, and emotionally handle one more week. BUT, I want to remember the very peaceful feeling I got that it wasn't time yet. I was upset, but the Spirit let me know that there were a lot of prayers offered on my behalf and it just wasn't time for our Kohen to come to us. Maybe he would have still been dependent on the drugs that was in my system, and Heavenly Father was helping us to avoid the mess that would have occurred if we would have delivered him then. So, we planned on going in on the night of November 3rd to have him on the 4th.
Thankfully, I had my baby shower that night that was thrown by my great friends. It was so good to get out and be with them. Delee and Megan did such a great job. We had yummy food, and fun games. I got exactly what I needed...diapers, my diaper bag, and other essentials.
Here are a few photos from that night.....
The weekend after we went to the Pumpkin Patch, I started to feel pretty crappy again. Monday, October 18th I was in a lot of pain and felt a lot of pressure on my bladder, and I noticed that there was blood in my urine again. I went about my regular day, trying to get through it all. On Tuesday, the 19th, I was feeling even worse. I had to take Kaden to an ultrasound appointment, (oddly enough for his kidneys) and when I returned from that, it was so unbearable that I had to go see my Dr. right away.
Have I ever told you how amazing my Dr. is? Well, he is. He has always told me that if I ever needed to come see him that I just needed to drive there and see him. He always makes time for his pregnant patients and sick kiddos. So, I called to let them know that I was on my way in and they got me in right away.
I sat there and just cried as I told him how much pain and discomfort I was in. I could tell that he just felt so bad for me. He thought that maybe I had developed a bladder infection as well and prescribed me an antibiotic, pain meds, and a bladder relaxer. We then talked about different options with maybe having Kohen a little early, and I planned to see him again in about a week.
The bladder relaxer didn't really help at all and I was still in so much pain. I could hardly walk and it was so hard. Thankfully I have AMAZING (complete understatement) visiting teachers, and my kids were taken care of everyday from 9-3:30. It was very hard to basically be on bed-rest and not be able to do anything.
I had another appointment with my Dr. on October 26th, and because I was still in so much pain, he decided that he could induce me that weekend....IF....I passed an amniocentesis. An amnio is a test that they do to see if the baby's lungs are developed. Because I would only be 37 weeks, we had to be able to prove it before the hospital would deliver me. He scheduled me for an appointment the next day but I had to go see the OBGYN that would perform the test later that day. He also threw another bomb on me. He was afraid that Kohen would be addicted to the pain meds that I had been on for the past couple of weeks, so I needed to stop taking those all together. He said that if the baby came out with a dependancy that it would cause a whole other mess of problems where CPS would legally have to be called and a bunch of other crap. I was pretty upset about the whole issue, but my Dr. was confident that if I stopped taking the meds that he would be fine by the time we would deliver him.
I went into see the OBGYN later that day and we talked about the procedure that would be taking place the next day. He also talked to me about the possibility of the test coming back negative. He asked if I would be willing to wait another week to make sure that the baby's lungs were developed. I was extremely emotional, but of course, said that I would be willing to wait. I wasn't going to risk having him be on machines to help him breathe.
I went in the next day for my test. Katie Tyler went with me for support. Jerrod had to work so that he could be home when the baby came. It was kind of a scary procedure, but I got through it. I just kept my eyes closed the whole time and tried to focus on something else. They used an ultrasound machine to know exactly where they were going to stick the needle inside to draw out amniotic fluid. It was the weirdest feeling. They numbed the outside of my belly, but I could actually feel the needle going inside my uterus. He told me that he would have the results the next day.
Through this whole thing, my Dr. seemed pretty confident that the results would come back positive and we would be able to have a baby Halloween weekend. I wasn't so sure, on the other hand. I don't know if it was because I just didn't want to get my hopes up, or if it was the Spirit just letting me know that it wasn't time. I just felt that it wasn't going to work out how I wanted it to. So, when he called me Thursday evening to tell me that the test came back negative, I somehow just knew. Oh, I still cried and got upset. I didn't know if I could mentally, physically, and emotionally handle one more week. BUT, I want to remember the very peaceful feeling I got that it wasn't time yet. I was upset, but the Spirit let me know that there were a lot of prayers offered on my behalf and it just wasn't time for our Kohen to come to us. Maybe he would have still been dependent on the drugs that was in my system, and Heavenly Father was helping us to avoid the mess that would have occurred if we would have delivered him then. So, we planned on going in on the night of November 3rd to have him on the 4th.
Thankfully, I had my baby shower that night that was thrown by my great friends. It was so good to get out and be with them. Delee and Megan did such a great job. We had yummy food, and fun games. I got exactly what I needed...diapers, my diaper bag, and other essentials.
Here are a few photos from that night.....
Delee, Carrie, Tracy, Nena, Me, Angel, Margaret, Nancy
Angel, Margaret, Nancy, Tyrell, and Megan
Looking at my awesome new diaper bag. I LOVE it!!
The 4 preggos...Delee, Tracy, Megan and Me!!
My fun diaper cake that Delee had made for me.
Part of the fun set up. Complete with chocolate milk!!
Like I said, it was a great night to be able to get things off of my mind for a bit and help to get me through the next week. Thanks girls!!!






Comments