California Love: Day 2 Wedding Day

On Saturday, May 15th, we attended the MOST beautiful wedding that I have ever been to.  It was a full day of celebration and a night of so much fun.

We first started out the day at the Los Angeles Temple.  The weather was amazing.  The Temple was beautiful and I couldn't wait for the Sealing.  I am so thankful that I was able to be in there with Kristin and Brigham and lots of friends.  We all had a hard time keeping control of our tears all in between the funny things that the Sealer would bring in with his sense of humor.  It really made me love and appreciate my Eternal Marriage so much more.  I loved being reminded of those things that we had been promised when Jerrod and I got married.  I held Jerrod's hand a little tighter as I quietly thanked my Heavenly Father for giving me such an amazing, worthy man who was able to take me to the Temple.  It was a wonderful experience.











This was a very cool tree that was on the temple grounds.  We had to get a picture by it.



Kristin looked absolutely gorgeous.  She was just glowing!


Andrea is one of my great friends from college.  We had a blast together.  I love this picture because as Jerrod was taking our photo, I said something really funny and we held in the laughs until he was done snapping.  When he was done, we busted out laughing so hard.  I am glad that he also got this photo.


I just love this girl.






After the sealing, we took a quick trip to Santa Monica Pier.  We weren't super impressed by it, but we were glad that we could check that one off our list.  It was pretty cold by the ocean and the wind kept blowing my dress up, so I was getting annoyed.  It was a good thing that we left so soon though because traffic was horrible getting back to the hotel.  We barely made it on time to the ring ceremony/reception.







Poor guy, all that he wanted to do was play in the ocean.  It was so dang cold outside and in the ocean that he could only put his feet in.  It probably didn't help that I was being so grouchy...sorry honey!  Blame it on the pregnancy!

I really was sick a lot of the time.  I had a hard time making sure that I had food in my stomach at all times, and the stop and go with the traffic made me car sick.  It was not fun at all being sick on vacation. I felt so bad for Jerrod, but thankfully after a few days, I was doing much better. 

The ring ceremony/reception was at a beautiful equestrian center.  I loved her theme of modern/country.  
She had every detail perfectly planned out.  When we arrived to the place where the ring ceremony was going to be we were given lemonade to drink in jars.  So fun.  If you want to see more of her wedding you can go to this wedding blog where they were featured.



After the ring ceremony, there was somewhat of a "cocktail hour" where we were served hors devours and drinks.  There was a table that had a bunch of lemons that had our names and table number on it.

My girls, Michele and Kristin.  The three of us had SO MUCH FUN in college.  We had a blast reminiscing about the old days.   I am so glad that we were able to be there together to help celebrate with Kristin.


Michele, Russ, Tyler, Jerrod and Me.  

Brigham and Kristin.  Beautiful couple.

Me and Andrea gettin' jiggy on the dance floor!  I love this picture because Tyler is in the background.  He is so funny.  We also had some fun times with him in college.  He sure did make us laugh those two days!

Like I said before, this was the most beautiful wedding that I had ever been too, but really, the most beautiful thing that we witnessed was Brigham and Kristin being sealed for time and all eternity.  Nothing could compare to the beauty and significance of the sealing that took place inside the temple.  I am so grateful once again that I was there, able to witness it.

Thank you Kristin, for being such a great friend.  I loved being there with you to help celebrate.  I wish you and Brigham the best and can't wait to see you again.

Comments

Lisa said…
Ahh! I know this Kristin! Please, please, please tell her congratulations for me and to start a blog! Tell her she looks absolutely beautiful and I am so happy for her. Glad you had a fun time. Tell Andrea hello for me too will ya.

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years