California Love: Day 1
Okay, so my friend Kristin just wrote about how she has been married for 1 month. What?! Where in the heck has that month gone? So, I thought it was about time I blogged about our wonderful trip to California. I will probably have to do this day by day because we have a whole 9 days to blog about!!!
We took a trip to California for Kristin and Brigham's wedding. Kristin was one of my best friends at college. She was my first roommate and was also one of my last. I love her so much and am so thankful that I was able to have her in my life during some of the most important years. Jerrod and I decided to take this trip alone...meaning NO CHILDREN!! (Thanks so much Mom!) We really had such a blast together. It was so much fun just being together and remembering why we fell in love with each other in the first place. Sometimes we forget what it is like to be just "Jerrod and Heidi". Of course, we missed our kids.....a little, but this trip was much needed.
We flew down and rented a car so we could drive around and then back home. Some of my details may be boring, but it is mostly just for us to remember.
We rented our little silver bullet, the PT Cruiser and made it our own for the next 9 days. We drove straight to our first destination...IN-N-OUT. YUMMY!! We were pretty stoked that they were EVERYWHERE!!
When we checked into our hotel, we just decided to lay down to take a nap. That's right. A nap. Uninterrupted, as long as we wanted. It was so nice.
After our nap, we went to the rehearsal dinner.
Can I just say how much fun it was to see my old college friends? The dinner was wonderful and it was beautiful outside. I loved being able to laugh and talk about old times.
We took a trip to California for Kristin and Brigham's wedding. Kristin was one of my best friends at college. She was my first roommate and was also one of my last. I love her so much and am so thankful that I was able to have her in my life during some of the most important years. Jerrod and I decided to take this trip alone...meaning NO CHILDREN!! (Thanks so much Mom!) We really had such a blast together. It was so much fun just being together and remembering why we fell in love with each other in the first place. Sometimes we forget what it is like to be just "Jerrod and Heidi". Of course, we missed our kids.....a little, but this trip was much needed.
We flew down and rented a car so we could drive around and then back home. Some of my details may be boring, but it is mostly just for us to remember.
We rented our little silver bullet, the PT Cruiser and made it our own for the next 9 days. We drove straight to our first destination...IN-N-OUT. YUMMY!! We were pretty stoked that they were EVERYWHERE!!
When we checked into our hotel, we just decided to lay down to take a nap. That's right. A nap. Uninterrupted, as long as we wanted. It was so nice.
After our nap, we went to the rehearsal dinner.
Can I just say how much fun it was to see my old college friends? The dinner was wonderful and it was beautiful outside. I loved being able to laugh and talk about old times.
Me and the girls...Kristin, Michele, and Andrea
After the dinner, we went back to Kristin's Dad's house to hang out for a little bit.
I couldn't wait for the next day. I knew that it would be a beautiful wedding.






Comments