Vancouver, BC Temple Trip

In April, we took a quick trip up to Vancouver, BC Canada to visit the Vancouver Temple open house. Before a temple is dedicated, it is open to the public to come and see inside.  We went up on a Monday night and came back home Tuesday afternoon.  It was a very quick trip, but so fun and very worth it.  Our hotel had an amazing water slide that was a lot of fun.  Jerrod and Jaela came down it so fast, but the pansy in me got the best of me and I did all that I could to prevent from going that fast.  After playing in the pool for a little while, we took a quick drive to see the temple at night.  It was beautiful.  

When we got out of the car, Kennedi was so excited.  She said, "Mom, this is the temple and Jesus will help me go there someday!"  I couldn't help the tears welling up in my eyes.  What a pure and simple testimony of a 3 1/2 year old girl.  She just amazes me. 

I love this photo of our family outlined.

Tuesday morning, we woke up early to go to the open house.  Of course, it was just beautiful inside.  It amazed me how reverent Kennedi and Kaden were.  Kaden is a crazy 20 month old, but while inside the temple, it was as though his spirit knew where he was.  He was silent the whole time.  It was a wonderful experience for all of us.  It was neat to see Jaela inside and know that she was feeling the Spirit.  Being there was another good reminder of how blessed we are to be an Eternal family.  I am so grateful that Jerrod and I were married in the temple so that we can have that blessing.  The temple truly is the Lord's House.  Whenever I am at the temple, I feel that to the very core of my soul. 

After we took the tour, we took a few photos outside of the temple.  






















After visiting the Temple, we drove to downtown Vancouver to spend a couple of hours there.  We mostly walked around and looked a shops.  It was pretty cold and rainy, but we still had fun.



One thing about Jerrod is that he LOVES beaches.  It doesn't matter if it is cold and rainy, if he is anywhere near a beach, he wants to go.  It was so dang cold, but we had to stop.

And, wonderful "Mother-of-the-year" forgot Kennedi's jacket, so she was probably freezing.

Overall, we had a great trip as a family.  I am so glad that we went. 

Comments

camandholls said…
Your kids are so cute!

I love your red coat!

Popular posts from this blog

A VERY Significant Day

12

Kaden Wyatt Brower