A Great Weekend Ahead

Sometimes in life everything just comes at you at once.  Well, this weekend is one of those great times where lots of great things are going to happen.  So, let me give you what is going to happen in my weekend.

1. Saturday General Conference.   I can't wait.  The older I get, the more I love General Conference.  I love hearing what the Lord's Prophet and Apostles and leaders of the Church have to say to us.  It isn't that I really learn anything new, it is just that I ALWAYS hear things in the way that my Heavenly Father wants me to hear them at that time in my life.  So, for that, I can't wait to hear what the Lord wants me to hear.

2. Hot date with my hubby, PF Chang, and Michael Buble'.  Okay, well, really it is a hot date with my hubby, but I am pretty dang excited about the other two components of this date.  So, tomorrow after the afternoon session of Conference, we will get ready to go out together. Alone. Just him and me. No kids.(Thanks Jaela)  We are going to dinner at PF Changs for some very much needed Chinese food, (that's the baby talking) and then off to see Michael Buble'.  Okay, once again, a slight exaggeration.  I wish that we were going to meet him, but we are just going to the concert.  I wrote it like we were going to meet him somewhere or something.  Like we were good family friends.  (I wish) But being at the Key Area with thousands of other people will just have to do.  I am kidding, it is going to be amazing.  I hear that he is an amazing entertainer.  It is going to be so much fun.

3.  Easter morning with our kids.  The older my kids get, the more I love Holidays.  Not that I didn't love holidays before, it just gives them a whole other meaning.  Tomorrow we will talk with Kennedi about Jesus Christ and the REAL meaning of Easter and why we celebrate it.  And then Sunday morning, we will have them wake up, to find their Easter baskets and eggs that the Easter Bunny hid.  I can't wait to see their faces light up and hear them giggle as they run around the house finding eggs.

4.  Spending Easter with my family. Sunday morning after we do the Easter stuff, we will head over to my parent's house to spend the day there.  Two more times, we will get the opportunity to watch General Conference.  I am sure in between sessions, we will dye eggs with the kids.  My Grandma was so worried that we wouldn't get the chance to dye eggs.  Don't worry Grandma!  We will do it for sure!  After Conference, we will eat dinner and then do an egg hunt for the kids.  It will be lots of fun.  I love spending time with my family.  I just wish that Brent and Kristen were going to be there. 

It is going to be such a great weekend.  I can't wait to write about it all later.

Comments

Pogue Fam said…
Couldn't have said it better myself :D CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years