California Love: Day 8-Redwood Forest and HOME

Finally, I am posting about our last day in California.  
To be honest, I was pretty ready to be home already, but I am SO glad that we stopped at the Redwoods to look around.  I loved it.  It was GORGEOUS and breathtaking.  It really made me thankful again for our Heavenly Father's creations.  It was amazing to see.  Needless to say, we got tons of pictures and I want to post most of them!  These trees were just amazing.  I can't say that enough.  


Paul Bunyon lived there...I think.  :)



This photo is of the Worlds Largest Family Tree.  
It was so cool!  There were literally 12 living trees in one tree!  




This is the bottom of a tree that had fallen over.  It was huge.

Looking up the tree



Can you find me?  This is one of the only times in my life where I have felt small.  






We took a ride up to a different part of the forest.  We were pretty high up and I was nervous, but it was beautiful!




Evidently this place is really popular for weddings, and they have a place called the "Catherdral Tree" where people get married.  So, they have a smaller tree next to it with this sign:  "BABY CATHEDRAL TREE--We are taking reservations for weddings when this display is ready:  600 years from now."
It was pretty cleaver.  




Our tiny little rental car amongst all the trees.


This is just a cool view looking straight up in the sky with the trees all around.


I thought it would be fun to climb this tree for a fun photo...but my fears overcame me and I could only get to this point.  It was pretty funny.  I am such a pansy sometimes.  Jerrod kept telling me to go up farther, but I just couldn't do it.  



I always thought that I was strong...and then this just proved it!  


It was so fun to walk around and see the beautiful creations of our Heavenly Father.  I felt so small in such a huge world.  
After our tour of the forest, we drove all the way home.  We had such a great time on our trip, but we were ready to be home with our kids.  We missed them and were anxious to get those little hugs and kisses.  
And, now that I am finally done blogging about our trip I can move on to the rest of the summer!  

Comments

Tyrell Berner said…
I have always wanted to go there. Your comment about feeling small had me laughing!
Kristin said…
Oh wow! The Redwoods look gorgeous! I'm glad you stopped too, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten to see all your awesome photos. They really make me want to go visit!
Linds said…
Ok, you are so clever with your pictures. The one with you "climbing the tree" makes me laugh. Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

A VERY Significant Day

12

Kaden Wyatt Brower