California Love: Day 5-Venice Beach and Universal

For some reason, I thought that all California beaches were beautiful, and filled with images that I see on TV.  So, when we decided to go to Venice Beach one day, I was pretty surprised at what I saw.  There were TONS of homeless people and people holding up signs that they needed pot.  I was kind of nervous being there, but knew that I would be just fine with Jerrod by my side.  There were also lots of people selling stuff, and random entertainment.  Overall it was, well, let's say, an experience.  Some of the pictures will just show you what I am talking about.  



So, like I said, random people, selling random stuff...like this man, trying to make money on selling drift wood.  I had to get a photo. 

This band wasn't bad...until they opened their mouths!  haha.  The music was actually pretty impressive and then the lead singer started and he was just horrible.  It was great entertainment...no really....it was!  
Jerrod standing in the middle of the walk way.

As soon as we walked upon this man, we knew that he was a regular entertainer.  He had a chalked-out circle for spectators to stand on.  He had a microphone and a speaker system so that people close by could hear him.  He then started making every racist comment that I have ever heard to anyone that was walking by.  It was crazy that people were allowing him to get away with it.  He grabbed a lady from the audience and then turned to Jerrod to be a participant.  I could not believe that Jerrod actually agreed to do it!  He called Jerrod "Chicken Legs" and then had him dance and then help hold the chair so the man could jump onto a big pile of glass with his bare feet.  It was pretty entertaining.  



Afterward, I told Jerrod that I couldn't believe that he actually did it, and he said that he didn't know any of those people, so why not!?  


After we walked the "strip" of Venice Beach, we decided to lay out and relax.  We both ended up falling asleep and I awoke to Jerrod making a noise because a bird just pooped on his head!!  It was so funny.  And, here is the proof.


Later that evening, we walked around Universal City to get some dinner and to walk around the shops.  We didn't actually go to Universal Studios because I wouldn't be able to ride on any rides.  
We enjoyed ourselves on a beautiful night.

I introduced Jerrod to a new love of mine...frozen yogurt.  I love the self-serve places where you can put on your own toppings.  We finished the night with a big bowl of frozen yogurt and enjoyed every bite!!


Comments

Pogue Fam said…
Hahahaha, ok, so I saw that picture of Jerrod and was like "what the crap is on his head?!" .... hahahahahahahah. bird crap. That is HILARIOUS! Ok. calming down. Cute pics of you and your hubs too :)
Tyrell Berner said…
Dear Heidi....I miss your blogging. Please come back....

Popular posts from this blog

A VERY Significant Day

12

Kaden Wyatt Brower