California Love: Day 4- San Diego Zoo and Kous Kous
Monday morning, we went to the San Diego Zoo. As parents of young children, we were questioning whether or not we really wanted to use one of our vacation days on going to a zoo. We didn't have the kids with us, so we didn't know if we would really enjoy ourselves. Well, we did. I loved that zoo. We had heard numerous times how it was one of the best zoos in the world, so we just couldn't miss it. It was huge, and we were able to get very close to a lot of animals. It was great. We took tons of pictures, so I won't comment on each photo.
When we first got to the zoo, we figured that we had to go to the Panda exhibit first. We had heard that it was sometimes a 45 minute wait, so we raced to get there. When we saw these old ladies, we made a joke that they were walking faster than we were and that they were going to beat us to the panda! It was funny...but maybe you just had to be there.

The Panda Exhibit
We really were able to get pretty close to these beautiful bears.
As we crossed a trail, we came upon a little snail. He was right in the middle of the way, and I didn't want him to get ran over or stepped on, so I pretty much saved his life. You're very welcome little snail!!
The Polar Bear Exhibit
That is how much food a polar bear eats in ONE meal!! Crazy!
Okay funny story, we were walking around and I was just amazed at all of Heavenly Father's creations. As we came upon this bird, I said, "oh look at that neat bird!" and then quickly realized that it was a bird made of metal.
We left to grab some In-N-Out for lunch! Delicious!
Oh, I love giraffes!!
We watched a really fun bird show.
These next few pictures are not the same. If you look closely at my face, you will see how nervous I get when the bird takes the money from my hand. It was so funny.
When my parents found out that we were in San Diego, they told us that we had to try Moroccan food. We searched on "Yelp" on our phones and found a small place that got very high reviews. We decided that if we were going to try a new cuisine that we ought to do it the right way.
My reviews? Well, let's just say that it wasn't my favorite type of food. Jerrod liked it, but I guess I just didn't enjoy such strong flavors. I did love this bread though!
I also loved my date with my Honey!
We could not believe how good this simple dessert was. I have had fresh strawberries many times, but the sweet glaze that they tossed it in was UNBELIEVABLE!! I could eat that over and over again!
We had such a great day at the zoo. Needless to say, we were exhausted.


































Comments
Glad you guys had such a fun time there :) And don't you just love Yelp, we've found some great local restaurants while out of town and even right in our own town!